• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Indulge Doesnt Work

Scrapsz561

Lurker
Oct 29, 2011
Well Just Yesterday Morning My Samsung Galaxy Indulge Was Working Fine And It Was Chargin But A Few Minutes Later It Had Rebooted But It Only Got To Samsung And Powered Off And Did It Again It Was Repeatedly Doin It , I Even Tryed Taking Off The Battery And When I Reinsert The Battery It Goes To Samsung And Turns Off & It Still Repeats Doin It. ANY HELPP!!!!!:(

I suspect a failed FOTA update from metroPCS.
The way I see it. You have three options:
1) return it for an exchange. (Annoying and requires stock, unrooted device)
2 if you already installed cwm earlier, try restoring to a previous backup, or try a factory reset in recovery, whether from cwm, or the stock recovery. If you do not know how to access recovery, with the phone off, press the R key on the keyboard and while holding it, press power to turn on the device.
Do not let go of R until inside recovery.
3) if that didn't work, use Odin to flash back to stock, and re-customize your phone. Yeah... you'll lose all apps, but the phone will get back to its original, straight out of the factory state.
From there, you may also of course want to return your phone to metro for a replacement, if it was giving you other problems as well. Otherwise, you're all set! :D

And oh, welcome to the forums!

EDIT: you will find a link to a good version of Odin, and instructions on how to use it, within the All Things Root subforum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones