samsung galaxy s big problem with pattern code and gmailSupport

1. fitzzy

fitzzy Member

i have a sgs and untill yesterday i never had a problem with it untill my youngest 2 children got hold of it while we were asleep i have the pattern code on it and so they played with it untill it says to many pattern attempts! and tried to log in to gmail with password but nothing happends i am on vodafone phoned up samsung and got an african woman on the other end and she never understood what i was on about (waist of time and phoning and effort) then i phone up vodafone uk and they said (there tech department ) go on andriod forum because they will not get anything for 6 months on how to fix the sgs so now i have come here in the hope that somebody will knoww what to do (the sim card is NOT blocked just the phone) so now does ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ON WHAT TO DO :confused::( its either that or go through the insurance with vodafone and get a new one but i dont want to do that ! hhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllpppppppppppppp please

Advertisement
    divva likes this.
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I found this which might help you out...

You can read the entire thread here
    Issue 3006 - android - Google credentials don't unlock phone after failing too many pattern attempts - Project Hosting on Google Code

From what I understand, you can still receive calls and during a call get to the home screen to turn off the unlocking feature, reset your google password and then turn locking back on, using the new password.

Oh, and keep your phone away from the kids ;)
  3. So you've tried the "Forgot Pattern" and still can't get it open?
  4. fitzzy

fitzzy Member

thanks m8 will try this now
  5. fitzzy

fitzzy Member

what forgotten password?
  6. fitzzy

fitzzy Member

Sorry what forgot pattern?
  7. fitzzy

fitzzy Member

No that never worked but thanks any way
  8. Sparkle1975

Sparkle1975 Active Member

I had the same problem. SGS did not accept my Gmail, it says "wrong username or password" immediately after pressing OK, which means that it does not check with Google. The error occurs immediately, so the failure is caused by SGS or generally the Android system (some HTC models should have the same issue).

And I could'nt make a factory reset, no matter how. So I ended up updating the firmware via the Odin software. That also wiped my data, but I restored my contacts from Gmail, and I make SMS backup everyday, so no harm done. So now, I run a newer firmware which has lots of improvements.
  9. bjb1980

bjb1980 New Member

Hi I'm new,

I had a similar problem the on the second day I owned the phone. After searching and searching I was unable to find a way to fix the problem and ended up having to do a hard reset and restore it to factory. Here are the instructions if you wish to go down that path.

Shut your Android Galaxy S down (Power off) or remove Battery.
    Now press Volume up, Home and Power together.
    If the Samsung Symbol is comming up leave the Home Button.
    Then there is a boot Menu
    Volume Up and Down to Navigate , Home to select the choosen option

I have located another possible answer although I have not (touch wood) had to try and do this myself it may work for you.

Issue 10077 - android - Google "ignore dots" feature not handled properly for "too many pattern attempts" fallback screen unlock - Project Hosting on Google Code

let me know how you go.
    kitsy and hulzey0711 like this.
  10. iskapag

iskapag New Member

Here's a solution to the problem that worked on my bros galaxy when it got stuck and wouldn't accept his googlemail and password:

Enter your email.
    In the password field, enter "null".

And he was able to put in a new pattern.

Here's where he got the solution from:
    Android - Locked Out
    Natwolf likes this.
  11. zohs247

zohs247 New Member

Hey man GUESS WHAT I GOT THE ANSWER TO THAT CRAZY PROBLEM. Its so lame so lame and you wouldn't even believe it, honestly it was like i just gave it a try and it worked.

AGAIN ITS the lamest thing you could ever think of, anyway heres how it goes,

1) Log in to your google account on your pc, the same account you registered for your phone

2) After logging in look at the top right corner of your inbox/email page, it would say your google username. Like say if you name is John, and you have a google id thats registered to your galaxy s as , john123@gmail.com. Now this google id on the top right corner of the page would be displayed as john123@googlemail.com

3) Type in the google id, thats visible on the right hand top corner of your page (like john123@googlemail.com) into your galaxy s handset locked page, and type in the password.

TADA AND YOUR ON TO THE NEW SCREEN TELLING YOU TO PUT IN ANOTHER PATTERN.

Thanks

Zoh

May Allah's Mercy be upon all of you.
  12. georgecarnage

georgecarnage New Member

what is the Odin software as i cannot get the factory reset to work no matter what buttons I press.
  13. Sparkle1975

Sparkle1975 Active Member

Google is your friend... Odin is an update tool for Samsung phones. There's a lot of information on Odin here and on xda developers website.

Samsung firmware can be downloaded from www.samfirmware.webs.com

Good luck, but remember to carefully read all the instructions twice before experimentating with i.e. Odin.
  14. SamsungBoB

SamsungBoB New Member

hi.

I bought a samsung galaxy several days ago.. like many other people online my son got hold of the phone and has locked me out.

i have tried to wipe(by the method above) and reboot the system many time but everytime it returns to the " too many pattern attempts" page again.

can the phone the reset by removing the battery etc etc??

Please help....
  15. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

@ samsungBob

did you try entering "Null" in the password field as mentioned above?
  16. SamsungBoB

SamsungBoB New Member

i have not registered the phone with google and it was bought off ebay...

why would it be that the hard reset is not working??... i thought it was a last resort and garrenteed to work.
  17. goyal.sanchit

1.) Are you sure the phone has been Hard resetted and is wiped?

2.) Before the unlocking problem didnt you had a google account on phone to access Android market?
  18. gomalian

gomalian New Member

hi
    i had the same problem and its easy to unlock without factory reset.

simply call your mobile from other phone and receive the calll on your phone, while on call press the curved arrow button (above the home button) on samsung galaxy, it will take you to home screen. then press the left top(menu) button and select the seettings option and then select the security option and then disable the pattern. All this has to be done with the active call. this will solve the problem and then you can terminate the call.
    hope this will solve the problem.
    best luck
    broker0002502 likes this.
  19. gomalian

gomalian New Member

hi
    To unlock the phone screen when it is pattern locked.

simply call your mobile from other phone and receive the calll on your phone, while on call press the curved arrow button (above the home button) on samsung galaxy, it will take you to home screen. then press the left top(menu) button and select the seettings option and then select the security option and then disable the pattern. All this has to be done with the active call. this will solve the problem and then you can terminate the call.
    hope this will solve the problem.
    best luck
  20. markbyrne78

markbyrne78 New Member

I almost didn't try this, because I figured I'd set up the account on my Galaxy as "gmail.com" - but it worked. I'm very thankful too Zoh - cheers mate!

For anyone else who is struggling with this -

1) try your Google account username/email as @gmail.com and as @googlemail.com

2) DO NOT hard reset if you don't have to (especially if you have got data on there you want to keep!)

3) NO MATTER HOW SILLY A SOLUTION SOUNDS - TRY IT.

Best of luck to you all.
  21. fooker

fooker New Member

Sadly to say for my self, i have tried all the advice given here except the hanset/factory restore as that is a last thing i want to do as there are things on my phone i do not wish to lose, the whole answering the phone and pressing the buttons does nothing for me but keeps taking me back to my locked page and like many others it will not accept my real valid google information. and further help with out me having to do a factory reset would be great

Thanks X
  22. goyal.sanchit

This is exactly copied from the I9000 user guide-

So if there is a Samsung Service Centre near you why not take the phone over there and get it unlocked!
  23. PhilFXS

PhilFXS New Member

i found this one really works, after trying everything else, for nearly a week i found this

EVERYONE READ!
    i found a away wheni rang up!
    you type in your googlemail adress for the email
    and then for password you type the word "null"
    this unlocks your phone and lets you create a knew pattern!
  24. cherieinsandiego

cherieinsandiego New Member

what if the phone isn't registered wth a phone number yet and you can't call yourself from another line?
    then what?

25. cherieinsandiego

cherieinsandiego New Member

this does not work, i tried it on mine....
    still stuck on draw pattern to unlock
    what am i doing wrong? how frustrating.