• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Save $30 on Incredible VerizonWireless.com

Just got denied by Internet Orders too. Applies to new activations only.

And actually, they are right. If you get the pop-up, it does say NEW activations under it, it's just not in that JPG part of it, it's text below it.

The lady was very nice and said that the text of the coupon was incorrect this morning and they WERE honoring the coupon earlier in the day because of the mistake, but said none of the reps were supposed to be honoring the code since noon today on any non-new customers.

Oh well, at least we got our $9 shipping charge refunded. I'll try again with a print out of the coupon in store when the phones arrive. Maybe they'll help us out since we'll be shopping for accessories for two new phones.

Reactions: jaybeewaybee
Upvote 0
I love Verizons customer service. I called 611 and explained the coupon and asked if I could apply it to my preorder. The csr did some research, found it but told me that the coupon began on the 27th.. Today I guess. She also said that since I was a long time customer and verizon offers the 30 Day return policy, she would apply the discount to my account since this wouod be easier than returning the phone. Thank you verizon. Once again you prove why you're the best.

Upvote 0
I just got a call from the CSR that had applied it.

She said that she couldn't do it because I had pre-ordered before the 27th and because I was not a new activation.

Said it appeared to some non-new actiation people as a bug but sorry.

Also my phone is not coming overnight, its going 2nd day. I didn't pay but I had put the Free overnight code.

It seems like verizon advertises lots of things but only follows through on some.

Very upset to be jerked around like this.

As a customer, if I buy something and even before its in my hands they offer a discount. GLITCH or not, they should honor it.

Also if they advertise overnight shipping, I should get overnight shipping and not just an apology

Upvote 0
My wife and I ordered on Sunday without the discount. I just called and spoke to a CSR who explained the same as other people have been saying; SMART30 is for new customers to offset the activation fee.
She said because both of us were long time customers she would apply a $30 credit to each of our accounts. The customer support i've gotten from Verizon has been amazing lately.

Upvote 0
I'm doing the same. Can't hurt to try at least.

I called my Best Buy to ask about this and that mildly useful 2gb microsd. they said if there isn't an sd in the box they would give me one but they most likely won't honor it the coupon since they couldn't find proof of it when they searched online. I was going to cancel and order from verizon but since i'm an existing customer but not a long term one it will be a hassle not worth $30.

I'll print out the coupon pictured and try my luck but either way i'll have the phone in hand and probably will be happy either way.

Upvote 0
I just called and the CSR asked me for directions to this thread - read it and applied the $30 credit to my next bill! She's probably also going to join the forum since she just got a Motorola Droid (wanted a keyboard).

She had closed the screen and asked me for the name of the forum again so she can come back later. :D

Edit - I'm also not a new activation - been a Verizon customer since 1996.

Upvote 0
My wife and I ordered on Sunday without the discount. I just called and spoke to a CSR who explained the same as other people have been saying; SMART30 is for new customers to offset the activation fee.
She said because both of us were long time customers she would apply a $30 credit to each of our accounts. The customer support i've gotten from Verizon has been amazing lately.
How long is "long"? Ive been with VZW for almost 10 years now..

Upvote 0
You guys realize they can kind of do whatever they want?

They pull up a system from someone who has been with verizon for 15 years and they are trained to give them anything they want.

Not ANYthing. :p

Wasn't able to talk them into bumping up my NE2 when I pre-ordered (was due in October).

But yes, there's something to be said for customer loyalty. Verizon's always been good to me, even when I was a new customer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones