• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Saving attachments

eringhty

Lurker
Apr 4, 2010
Hi there,
I'm just setting up my Milestone and have the Googlemail and my Exchange server set up but am unableto save attachments of any sort.I can open them and read them on Googlemail but not on the Exchange and can't save them via either. Any ideas most welcome!

Many thanks for replying. When I press open on the attachment via the exchange server, it says "fetching attachment" but then looks as though it is fetching it but never stops! so it doesn't actually open it.On googlemail, it says "preview" and when I press that, it does preview it but never can I get up a menu which says "save"!!!
Any ideas gratefully received!:thinking:

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I don't have any experience with exchange on android but maybe you have to check your settings again and when you get the option to actually open the attachment you'll also get the option to save it.

Right now I don't have the energy to google for this issue but maybe I'll have a look tomorrow when I get home from work.

Off Topic: Is anyone else experiencing the problem with instant e-mail notification about new posts on this forum? Sometimes it works but most of the time I don't get a notification that someone replied.

Reactions: eringhty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones