• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen goes black although it is still responsive

DannyCabb

Lurker
Jun 4, 2010
I just got my X about a week ago. It has been working great and I love it. But yesterday when playing jewels the screen just went black. The phone is still on but screen is black. It began to display again after about a minute. Now since then it seems to happen any time my phone has to process anything. If I browse the net it will work for a couple minutes then black screen. If I try to play any game it will last a couple minutes then goes to black screen. I tried to use google maps and that instantly turned the screen black.

Other info: Like I said the screen does eventually turn itself back on but it takes anywhere from 1-2minutes. I have done multiple battery pulls but it doesn't help. I am running Launcher Pro. Phone calls can still come in when the screen is black. And the screen is still responsive because I can answer the call. The screen is not shut off because I can see the glow of the screen although it is just black.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones