• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Searching Problem AndroidForums.com

maggieo

Jul 31, 2011
Every search I do on this site, the "searching" symbol comes up, but it never stops or finds anything. Is it something wrong with my computer or is anyone else having this problem? I have not had it until this weekend. I have no trouble with searches on other sites. Hmmm. Thanks! I'm trying to find out how to open a .log attachment on my droid. Thanks!

I thought maybe I was being too specific so I just put in maggie which would normall find my posts and same thing.. other things - I am trying to find something to open a .log file with - so I have put that in as well as the "error" several times - such as: can't open .log files; now I can't get my phone to even try to open the attachment so I can tell you the error, which I searched exactly.. but also, I save one of the files and got message: no applications can perform this action - so I searched on that as well.. so if you can search - it must be something with my pc I guess.. although I search this forum all the time!! Thanks though.. for answering!

Upvote 0
Thanks re the logcat idea - I'll check the market. .meantime, I had NOT done the "usual" things.. DUH - however, I just did them and they didn't help.. I closed/re-opened my IE, but I didn't restart.. I'll try that.. weird.. must just be me - but this is the only android forum I am a user on :) so I do need my search to work! I have to hit the hay.. I will restart and report back tomorrow.. thanks very much..

Upvote 0
I'm not really sure why that's happening. But I assume you're using the search button on the bright blue/cyan nav bar, right? That one searches all three phandroid sites at once. Just below that, on the bar that includes 'quick links' and 'logout' should be a button that says search, that one searches the forum only and will probably work.

Upvote 0
I don't see two different search boxes/buttons.. I'm using the one on the right.. there's a while box on the turquoise blue (not the darker blue) that says "search" in black print to the right of it, and it's right above where it says "Welcome, maggieo. You last visited:... etc.." I am still having the problem.. I cleaned all my temp files, cookies, etc in IE8 and restarted and still have the problem.. I don't have a search box BELOW where it says quick links and log off.. I just have "space" there that's above the forum questions.. So I guess I'm using the "upper" one - but I don't have two.. Maybe I used to? Should I have two search boxes? I don't even have another broswer on my PC... I could get one.. but this is something that just started..

Upvote 0
Fear my paint skillz :p

Search.png

Try using the lower of the 2 I've circled, if you have have it? See if that helps.

Reactions: Xyro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones