• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Security settings resetting themselves

delli58

Lurker
Jun 15, 2011
All:

Over the last few days, it seems that my security settings are going wonky. I have a security pattern enabled. Every so frequently over the last 6 days, the security pattern becomes disabled. I did not actively reset the pattern.

I have power cycled as well as battery pulled to try to alleviate the problem. Neither has worked.

I did notice that visiting a website on the thunderbolt that I frequently interact with, I got an error. Tried the site again and got the same error. Tried the site of the computer and was able to access the site.

I have begun to think that this is somehow tied to access of the internet.

Additionally, for security settings, I have changed to PIN and pattern after the apparent resets of the security.

Please help, the security pattern helps me from mistakenly dialing numbers from my front pocket.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones