• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Review Update2! New Revision - Rubberized Interior

I guess I don't get what the big deal about a couple small scratches is. My whole phone would have scratches, chips, dings and dents in a week without a case.

That seems like VERY minimal nit picking scratches.

Lol. Guess you've never had a quality case before.

I too, am disappointed with Seidio and the quality of their case for the EVO, though my phone did not suffer any physical damge. I came with an iPhone with a Incase slider and this Innocase is NO WHERE close in quality and fit.

Hopefully Otterbox will be coming out with their Commuter case soon.

Upvote 0
Honestly I havent had any issues with case. I like having the holster. It is snug, doesn't release or shake loose. I notice no scratches on my Evo. I even dropped it from3 feet to tile (scared the heck out of me with the loud thud). No damage on case or phone.
I have even remove the case quite a few times and no scratches.

Sorry to hear Op has an issue. Hope you can get a fix.

I haven't found a case holster combo that sticks like this one. Even riding on my 08 'Busa @100+ mph it is all good.

Upvote 0
Yep yep. Funny this thread was posted cause I noticed this yesterday and didnt realize where the scratches came from. But after a moment I knew the not so fit seidio case was the culprit. Oh well. I have dropped it a couple of times and it truly does protect it. Until a better quality case comes out, I will definitely be keeping this one on. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Not good news at all. I have the version from Bestbuy rebranded Pt, when I got the case fitment was perfect, but over the past 12 days it has started to get pretty loose around the corners and side by the volume buttons.
I just took the case off and luckily there were no scratches yet, but now I'm a little worried with how much the case has loosened up.

Keep us posted!

Upvote 0
I returned my pt case from bestbuy a couple days ago and it did say seidio on the back. I found that it felt cheap. People saying to add felt to the linining of the case is a joke to me. I am not saying it's a bad idea but it's like buying a tv that sits crooked because the bottom is missing a peg on the bottom. I wouldn't deal with that, so why would I deal with a case that is $30.00 and probably cost less than a few dollars to make. Having to add anything to it to work correctly is not right. I could understand if it was less than $10.00 but $30.00 is extremely overpriced.

When I returned mine at Bestbuy, the rep didn't realize that I just returned one. I kept being pushed to check out the pt case. The profit must be out of this world on this product. Seidio is charging even more for the same case.

I decided to just buy a case and screen protector from ebay. Less than $10.00 for a holster and screen protector X3.

Upvote 0
I don't understand how anyone thinks $30 for this case or any case is worth the price. These people are making a killing off of you. This plastic crap is no more than $10 to make, maybe even less.

For those who did buy the case, just go to a fabric store and buy some felt to line the entire interior.

Upvote 0
This is really bad news, I just ordered mine from amazon and it hasn't arrived yet. I bought the Seidio case to replace a snap on rubberized case that fits perfectly well on the Evo, but the rubberized finish just wears out quickly and becomes shiny.

Those of you who got scratches on your phone with the Seidio case, do you put your phone in your pocket or with a holster? what about using one of those skin protectors like Zagg before putting on the case, would that prevent scratching?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones