• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SF2 "Mobile Network Not Available" please help !

spadders

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
Hi Guys,
I'm really hoping somebody can help,
I recently bought a used but excellent condition SF2 for my daughter for Christmas, I switched it on to check it worked, but didn't try a sim card in, so don't know if my issue was always there, or only happened after unlocking and flashing the ROM.
I followed this guide to unlock:
sanfranciscoandroid dot co dot uk/android/unlock-orange-san-francisco-ii/how-to-unlock-the-orange-san-francisco-ii-for-free/
and then the other guide showing how to install Android 4, it was after this that I noticed that when I tried my wife's Orange sim in the phone, there is no network coverage, I also tried my daughter's Asda PAYG sim (which I believe is on Vodafone) with the same result.
I though the phone was faulty, but decided to try my "3" sim in, and that worked fine.
I have tried the other 2 sims in several times since, each with the same result.
I'm really at a loss as it's only a few days to Christmas and I'd really like to get it sorted if possible.
I then used this guide to flash an ICS ROM, but nothing has changed.

Everything else seems fine, and WIFI works perfectly, but there is a little cross constantly on the network signal bar.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Spadders

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones