1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

SiriusXM Updated Today

Last Updated:

1. aburgthing

aburgthing Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sirius released an updated version of their app which was broken with 2.2 today. However, it played one song and stopped. I'll keep playing with it and report back.

Edit: Shutdown and restarted it works fine.

Advertisement
    caldzzbuff likes this.
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Which app?

3. quijibo

quijibo Well-Known Member

I canceled my XM online 3 days ago because of this problem. I tried to call and reactivate it today and they need me to set up a whole new account. You would think that they could just turn my online subscription back on. XM customer service has to be one of the worst I've ever had to deal with, I have never been able to resolve an issue with less than three phone calls and I have been hung up on once with every issue. I think it's kind of funny too that they deny being in a foreign country even though they have to ask me how to spell my name(Adam).
    Sorry about the flame, I guess I'll wait to see if they actually ddid fix it before I go through the frustration of dealing with their customer service again.

Adam

4. Howard Packer

Howard Packer Well-Known Member

I updated yesterday. Actually, I am a Sirius subscriber, which I can't imagine would matter.

I notice stops of music, sometimes lasting well over a minute or two, that I did not have with the prior version. I see all bars on my signal when this happens. So, it isn't because of a weak signal in the area. Besides, I am running it from the exact spot where I run it six days a week while at work.

5. Center

Center Well-Known Member

Apologies for reviving a dead thread, but has anyone had issues with playing Sirius XM over 3G and the music doing some weird looping? Like just now, I was on 90s on 9 and listening to Kickstart my Heart.. then in the middle of the song, it started playing some other song.. After about 20 seconds, it went back to Kickstart my Heart..

It's been happening for the past week or two. And yes, I have the 1.1 update.

(Wow... I changed to Pulse when I started writing this, and now it's playing Kickstart my Heart all of a sudden... and after I posted this message, it went silent. WTH!!!)

6. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

Center - I don't think this is specific to the android app. My iPod Touch Sirius has been doing that today as well. It's happened to at least 3 tunes today on The Loft. This is via wifi too, so it's more than likely a programming error at Sirius and not the apps.

Very odd...

7. Center

Center Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, did you have issues with the Sirius app yesterday? I was using it on my Airplane-mode iPhone and it said that there was an issue with my account and promptly logged me off. I didn't have time to deal with it so I went to work with my Droid X and the Sirius app on it was working fine... for about 2 minutes until it logged me off with some kind of account issue.

Later that day, when I decided to call Sirius, everything was ok--iphone app worked, as well as on my Droid X... Seriously, I'm paying $2.99/mo on top of my $100+/year subscription for this?!!

8. lronglien

lronglien Member

Just picked up a Captivate a week ago. I don't see a Sirius XM app in the market. Am I missing something?

9. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

No. Sirius is being an idiot about this. The app is only available on their site. Why they don't spend the $25 to put it in the Marketplace is beyond me.

10. Howard Packer

I am having the same issue. Also, hearing a sudden "chirp" sound here and there that I didn't have before.

11. Howard Packer

If I have been listening on my PC at home, and then I stop playing or just close the player without first logging out, if I then launch Sirius on my Epic, the system will play for a minute and then or two log off. (I have also had the reverse situation when I try to play on the PC after closing on my Epic.) In essence, the system thinks that you are trying to listen on two devices without paying for two subscriptions.

You have to log back in, and then things work fine. Sometimes, you have to log in a few times before the system will let you in. If you log out before closing, this usually (but not always) works.