• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So I just talked to a verizon employee...

Jul 22, 2010
Asked a verizon employee, I talked to him about some phones, obviously the bionic came into the conversation and he said that his buddy who works for verizon is testing it out cause they are currently testing the LTE 4G. He said that his buddy told him its basically a droid x but with front facing camera, more rounded, and 4G.im not sure if this is true but if it is its a VERY BIG disappointment. I hope he lied.

Dual core so droid x2. Why would dual core, 4G, with front facing camera be a disappointment?

Really....this is what we already know. Dont forget 1GB ram. Even if it had 512MB ram, no big deal. I could understand if he said a Droid 3. Even in that case...4G...and more ram.

I dont see how something we already knew can be a disappointment. The cpu/gpu in the Bionic is different than the one in the DX2 too. For whatever reason Moto decided to go a different route for the Droid 3 and Bionic.

I honestly dont see how this is a dsappointment. Unless some ppl wanted a higher clocked cpu. In that case...meh...lol

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
I need to decide on D3 or wait for the six million dollar phone. Seems the main point for both is either a superbly designed keyboard, or a likely $100 premium for 4G. If the 4G radio is more power efficient and provides on the fly 3g/4g switching..... I guess we will not know until people are using the device (duh).

Probably will get the D3, since does not seem to have the bigger issues the DX2 has....... Still, Bionic is a cool name.

1gb ram would be nice, but the D3 seems to not have the lag issues the DX2 has....... Decisions.

Upvote 0
Been hanging-back (lurking ;)) in the Bionic forums for quite some time now...

I really hope Moto and VZW take this opportunity to release a phone that:

1. Has a battery commensurate with the 4G radio's typical power requirements

2. Has an unlocked or unlockable bootloader

All the other stuff (screen size / density, dual-core CPU, etc.) are obviously cool and important, the battery capacity and a change in the bootloader status will bring developers and a lot of attention, just like the original Moto Droid did (hugely successful).

If they fail to deliver on these, all the hype will be for naught and you'll see a lot of disappointed folks moving on to other phones and manufacturers or sticking with their current phones until the "next Bionic" comes along (from someone else).

If they do deliver, then this particular forum and its sub-forums, particularly the all-things-root one, will just explode :).

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Asked a verizon employee, I talked to him about some phones, obviously the bionic came into the conversation and he said that his buddy who works for verizon is testing it out cause they are currently testing the LTE 4G. He said that his buddy told him its basically a droid x but with front facing camera, more rounded, and 4G.im not sure if this is true but if it is its a VERY BIG disappointment. I hope he lied.

What did you expect? I mean I think he is a little off it is more like a droid 3 with more ram than a droid x2. But people seem to expect a miracle I mean a phone is a phone and if it is anything like the droid 3 it will be a great phone. People need to relax and realize after all it is just a phone and there are only so many things that can be done with a phone.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
If the Bionic performs at least as good as the D3, but with bigger display and LTE, folks will not care if it a "DX3", since they will be happy. Considering it has 1gb of ram, hard for it NOT to.

Bionic should be a very good device.

Benchmarks for Droid 3:

AnandTech - This Just In - Motorola Droid 3 for Verizon

That's pretty good. I wish they had compared it to the Galaxy S2 though!

I'm still hoping the Bionic sports the 4460. That would be awesome.

Upvote 0
What did you expect? I mean I think he is a little off it is more like a droid 3 with more ram than a droid x2. But people seem to expect a miracle I mean a phone is a phone and if it is anything like the droid 3 it will be a great phone. People need to relax and realize after all it is just a phone and there are only so many things that can be done with a phone.

I don't know, from what I read about the SGS II that has been released elsewhere for how many months now, the bar is quite high minus the 4G part. For all the time Moto put into the Bionic, I'm expecting better than an already existing phone and since the SGS II does just about everything, I'm expecting that plus 4G. If it fails to achieve that, Motorola would have failed. Sorry but I'm not cutting Moto slack on this one. And that camera better take better photos than the absolutely embarrassing cameras they put out in the D1!!!!

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0
I don't know, from what I read about the SGS II that has been released elsewhere for how many months now, the bar is quite high minus the 4G part. For all the time Moto put into the Bionic, I'm expecting better than an already existing phone and since the SGS II does just about everything, I'm expecting that plus 4G. If it fails to achieve that, Motorola would have failed. Sorry but I'm not cutting Moto slack on this one. And that camera better take better photos than the absolutely embarrassing cameras they put out in the D1!!!!

that is two year old tech are you really going to compare it to that? Come on how about compare it to the droid 3 which is very similar to it. After all it is a phone not a camera so if you arent happy with the camera go out and buy a camera.:p

Upvote 0
Game emulators work surprisingly well with the equally surprisingly good keyboard.

Even a picky SOB like me is impressed with the D3. Of course I would not be me if not finding one negative. I wish it a had an FM radio. Well, it would be nice. ;)

God, I've missed those. Loved my Sony Walkman phones. My g/f has now had two Android phones with it and I still haven't (DInc, Charge). At least we have TuneIn Radio. Love that app. Our local stations here pretty much blow in comparison to what I grew up with (NYC stations), so it comes in handy that I can pretty much listen to any station anywhere in the country.

Upvote 0
that is two year old tech are you really going to compare it to that? Come on how about compare it to the droid 3 which is very similar to it. After all it is a phone not a camera so if you arent happy with the camera go out and buy a camera.:p

The D1 is 1.5 year old tech. Lets remember that it really isn't 2 years yet. In the mobile world yes, that's still getting old I'll admit but I really expect a phone to be of value for 2 years.

Good cameras are expected now on *high end* phones. Sorry, but if Apple can produce excellent pictures on a phone that is only 7 months newer than the D1, then you bet I'm expecting great pics from a *high end* phone today. When I'm out and about with the family, I don't always have a dedicated camera with me. And since it is technically possible to have great pics from your phone, then why not expect it? The bar has been set, why would you settle for less with your hard earned cash? Maybe the camera is down on your list, but again, these are multifunctional devices that you are paying good cash for. Why let the manufacturer get away with sub par equipment/software?

Reactions: SirKronan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones