• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [SOLUTION] How-to for Pandora on the Evo - for rooted and non-rooted users

I had reset back from the 3G fix for the PRL...I just realized I never did the actual Pandora fix. (I meant to but completely spaced I guess...stupid job destroying my brain)

I will do it tomorrow. I will use the fix above for unrooted phones. (never felt the need to root) 10-1 it will work and I will look foolish again :p

Upvote 0
I did this procedure on my EVO and it worked fine. I tried it on my wife's EVO and whenever I enter the Advanced menu it "crashes" and says EPST forced stopped. I tried it a number of times after turning the phone on and off. I restored the data profile and it still won't let me into the Advanced menu without the EPST forced stop. Is there a larger problem at work here? Is there a way to reload the EPST program? Should I do a total reset of the phone? BTW, she hardly has anything on her phone as it's new and she doesn't really know how to use it yet. The programs she has are common ones like Pandora, Wordpress and IMDB.

Upvote 0
I did this procedure on my EVO and it worked fine. I tried it on my wife's EVO and whenever I enter the Advanced menu it "crashes" and says EPST forced stopped. I tried it a number of times after turning the phone on and off. I restored the data profile and it still won't let me into the Advanced menu without the EPST forced stop. Is there a larger problem at work here? Is there a way to reload the EPST program? Should I do a total reset of the phone? BTW, she hardly has anything on her phone as it's new and she doesn't really know how to use it yet. The programs she has are common ones like Pandora, Wordpress and IMDB.

Hrmmmmm.....usually I only see that on rooted phones that have a bad epst apk.

If it is new a factory reset can't really hurt. Back up contacts and write down apps and go for it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
would this also fix issues like pausing between songs? my phone will pause between almost every song and not pick up again until i turn the phone on and unlock it.
my phone says that its looking for coverage but it has plenty of it. thanks

by the way i did uninstall and re install the pandora app and it didn't fix the issue.

just looked at my home IP Address and it shows 0.0.0.0

Upvote 0
Do you by chance have "always on mobile data" unchecked in the phone's settings?

That's definitely a possibillity

If this is not the case it may just be sprint's network or stagefright combined with sprints network.

On stock phones, the skipping is due to the network. Rooted phones can turn off stagefright by the method I describe above and it completely fixes it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones