• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something wonderful happened to my Eris!

snorander

Jul 6, 2010
I don't know what has happened but as of 5 days ago my battery life has doubled!! I used to have to charge my Eris every night, but during the last 5 days I have only had to charge it twice (every other day)! I am running android 2.1 stock with only 3 apps (Adroid system info, camera 360, gogle sky). About 5 days ago both camera 360 & Android system info both recieved updates I can't believe that one of those would have such a big effect, but whatever knock on wood my battery life has double for what seems like no reason at all!

Steve

Following several charging cycles, most devices calibrate to the true state of the battery.

It's likely that your battery level readings have become more accurate, not that your battery has suddenly increased in capacity, or that your device is draining a smaller amount of resources (unless you've recently configured syncing and background updating of apps to be done manually, or that a new tower was constructed in your area closer to you, causing the device to not have to hunt for a signal constantly).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones