Something wonderful happened to my Eris!General

Last Updated:

1. snorander

snorander Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know what has happened but as of 5 days ago my battery life has doubled!! I used to have to charge my Eris every night, but during the last 5 days I have only had to charge it twice (every other day)! I am running android 2.1 stock with only 3 apps (Adroid system info, camera 360, gogle sky). About 5 days ago both camera 360 & Android system info both recieved updates I can't believe that one of those would have such a big effect, but whatever knock on wood my battery life has double for what seems like no reason at all!

Steve

Advertisement
  2. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

Most likely you turned something off without noticing. Perhaps the mobile network? That's a huge battery hog.

3. snorander

snorander Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nope, mobile network is still on. I swear I have turned nothing off!!!!

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Following several charging cycles, most devices calibrate to the true state of the battery.

It's likely that your battery level readings have become more accurate, not that your battery has suddenly increased in capacity, or that your device is draining a smaller amount of resources (unless you've recently configured syncing and background updating of apps to be done manually, or that a new tower was constructed in your area closer to you, causing the device to not have to hunt for a signal constantly).

5. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

new prl was just released but thats for roaming cant see it doubling your battery life