• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speaker Problem

IDAHOBuck

Sep 16, 2010
Well I had my first captivate for 2 1/2 month and the speaker went out a week ago and at&t sent me a refurb and I got it Monday and the speaker went out of it today and the third Captivate on the way and it a refurb as well I hope that this one last me my 2yr contract. All I listen to is espn radio and pandora radio and I was wondering if any of you have this problem.

Speaker addressed within this post at XDA (Captivate Random Shut Downs Solved (kinda) - xda-developers):

"As for the speaker problem, remove the back and battery off the phone and with your trigger or fore finger aggressively tap 1 time on the speaker grill and your sound should work when you boot the phone up. This action could be described as thumping the grill with your finger. I know this is a caveman way to repair a phone and is closely related to the beavis and butthead "kicking method" but it works almost every time."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones