• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint frustration for EVO LTE upgrade

sorry..
with sprint and all carriers...

if you have a grandfathered special plan... be very protective of it. they try their best to get you to break it. and almost impossible to get them back.

send you to the dumbest csr to give you bad info.. get you to approve the change. when you notice the BAD plan changes.. they till you, sorry we do not have that option plan in the computer. so we can not activate your account on that.

but.. if you have proof that what was said.. then they magically find a way to put you back. good luck find that proof.

Upvote 0
sorry..
with sprint and all carriers...

if you have a grandfathered special plan... be very protective of it. they try their best to get you to break it. and almost impossible to get them back.

send you to the dumbest csr to give you bad info.. get you to approve the change. when you notice the BAD plan changes.. they till you, sorry we do not have that option plan in the computer. so we can not activate your account on that.

but.. if you have proof that what was said.. then they magically find a way to put you back. good luck find that proof.

go back and read the link I posted. When they switched from unlimited to 5GB(for hotspot) back in Oct. of 2011, no one was to be grandfathered in. Everyone was going to be switched to the 5GB plan. So either they switched him and he had no idea or they missed him.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
go back and read the link I posted. When they switched from unlimited to 5GB(for hotspot) back in Oct. of 2011, no one was to be grandfathered in. Everyone was going to be switched to the 5GB plan. So either they switched him and he had no idea or they missed him.

You're right. Everyone who had Tether/Hotspot feature was switched to 5GB. There was no grandfathering since the hotspot feature is technically an "add-on." Now, there is 2GB and 6GB options for using your phone as a hotspot. However, I think they are letting people keep the 5GB add-on, if that's what they originally had.

Reactions: Tommydaniel
Upvote 0

i was referring to plans that are grandfathered in general.. if you have an old plan.. that is a great deal... they want you off it.

they have tricks to screw you over.

Upvote 0
You're right. Everyone who had Tether/Hotspot feature was switched to 5GB. There was no grandfathering since the hotspot feature is technically an "add-on." Now, there is 2GB and 6GB options for using your phone as a hotspot. However, I think they are letting people keep the 5GB add-on, if that's what they originally had.

I meant with the unlimited bit. But I am sure there would be a way to get the 5GB part back on by complaining enough.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
So I just downloaded the foxfi app that someone mentioned earlier in this thread and the foxfi add on :) now before I use this does anyone have anymore info about this app..I tested it and searched for the connection and found it full signal which was great. But can sprint track this do we know? Can they charge for this? Or even kick us off the sprint network? Because if so I will definitely not use this!! I don't wanna lose my cell service or pay out the wazzoo for foxfi tethering and have them catch me and nail me to the wall with charges!! Has anyone experienced this if so please let me know before I even attempt to use this! Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
So I just downloaded the foxfi app that someone mentioned earlier in this thread and the foxfi add on :) now before I use this does anyone have anymore info about this app..I tested it and searched for the connection and found it full signal which was great. But can sprint track this do we know? Can they charge for this? Or even kick us off the sprint network? Because if so I will definitely not use this!! I don't wanna lose my cell service or pay out the wazzoo for foxfi tethering and have them catch me and nail me to the wall with charges!! Has anyone experienced this if so please let me know before I even attempt to use this! Thanks guys!

I used wifi tehter for the longest and have never had an issue. With that said I'm not abusive with it. I use it on occasions when I'm in an airport or at a conference. In a hotel or road trip. Stuff like that. So YMMV, but if you are using it sparingly I don't think you'll have an issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones