• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint needs some better phones

Is there an ETA on the Photon getting ICS?

Not yet. They haven't even officially stated it will get ICS, although they have not excluded it, either. We're in a wait-and-see pattern right now.

I'm happy to wait for now. ICS looks cool, but Gingerbread runs great on the Photon. Besides, if Sprint gets LTE in my area sometime come fall, I may bite the bullet and upgrade.

Reactions: KOLIO and bupolo
Upvote 0
Not yet. They haven't even officially stated it will get ICS, although they have not excluded it, either. We're in a wait-and-see pattern right now.

I'm happy to wait for now. ICS looks cool, but Gingerbread runs great on the Photon. Besides, if Sprint gets LTE in my area sometime come fall, I may bite the bullet and upgrade.

Yah, same here, I'll have an upgrade by summer, and obviously I'd want whatever new LTE compatible device they have available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones