• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Step By Step Flahing 1.6 to 2.1

I'm not sure what to suggest.

I read this here - Clean and pre-rooted 2.1 ROM - Page 14 - xda-developers

hi. I have rooted 1.6 and run install.sh propc`s script with sucsess. Witch files i need to flash from 2.1 firmware ?? all files without syste.sin?? cause it stopped flashing on amss.sin and wont follow next ?!?!?!

help, only kernel.sin file I need to flash from 2.1 FW ??

edit: I think problem solved (added loader.sin from 1.6 and flash was OK)

Might need to redownload the files....might be bad as this thread suggests - X10 Mini 2.1 incl. Flashtool (Updated Flasher 14.11.2010) - Page 15 - xda-developers

PC Companion closed, try different USB port.

Anyone else encountered this?

You on AT&T?

Reactions: Adolphen
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Few questions.

1. Why is there an H instead of the 3G logo?

2. Why isn't there an auto dim option like in 1.6 (Screen brightness adjusts depending on ambient light)

3. Why doest it randomly dim the screen every now and then?

4. Under setting why is there a box named "Sony Ericsson" with nothing in it?

Other than that it's great, was a little slow at first but now seems about the same speed as 1.6 but nicer.

Upvote 0
Few questions.

3g vs. HSPA on at&t - xda-developers

2. Why isn't there an auto dim option like in 1.6 (Screen brightness adjusts depending on ambient light)
Don't know.

I donno...battery saving shit? I notice it does that to me if I use the brightest setting. I try and use the middle setting (I use the Power Control Widget and click the brightness icon...there are 3 settings)

Mine has the option to try and check for software updates from my service provider....guess your service provider didn't include anything in there.

Other than that it's great, was a little slow at first but now seems about the same speed as 1.6 but nicer.

Upvote 0
Few questions.

Well the H thing is really just like a 3.5g its better than 3g and you'll also see other letter dont worry its normal.

The auto option was removed for reasons i dont know you can get it back by using a widget i recommend going into the market and searching for "Brightness level" by curve fish it free and when you click on it has an option for auto.
And as for the dim thing does it go away when you touch the screen?
If so thats just a feature so that after a period of time it reduces the brightness to save battery life when its not being used.

And i have the sonny ericsson box as well but mine just has a option to download settings.So dont stress its just more useless junk. lol

Upvote 0
can somebody help me pls !!!! i am having trouble in rooting my x10i (2.1 ) with z4root1.3.0 .As instructed by Hellsrage619 I copied it to my phone and then installed it by astro file mngr .I opened the app and selected permanent root icon on that blue screen and then it wrote acquiring root ... and then it came out of the app without any confirmation that the phone has been rooted or not.

And then when i am intalling busybox it says the phone is not rooted ..

pls help its really very very urgent !!!!

phone version details

model no-x10i
firmware version-2.1-update1
baseband version-2.0.49
kernel version-2.6.29 SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1
Build no-2.0.2.A.0.24

Upvote 0
can somebody help me pls !!!! i am having trouble in rooting my x10i (2.1 ) with z4root1.3.0 .As instructed by Hellsrage619 I copied it to my phone and then installed it by astro file mngr .I opened the app and selected permanent root icon on that blue screen and then it wrote acquiring root ... and then it came out of the app without any confirmation that the phone has been rooted or not.

And then when i am intalling busybox it says the phone is not rooted ..

pls help its really very very urgent !!!!

phone version details

model no-x10i
firmware version-2.1-update1
baseband version-2.0.49
kernel version-2.6.29 SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1
Build no-2.0.2.A.0.24

Use my instructions - http://androidforums.com/x10-all-th...-x10-setting-up-boot-loader-custom-theme.html

Make sure you have Unknown Software option turned on and turn USB debugging on.

Upvote 0
Thanks for answering my questions.

I notice 1.6 was a little bit quicker than 2.1, is there anything I can do to speed it up?

Last (sorry for all the questions) - if I long touch a photo in mediascape, it turns it into a tile. Is this normal?

Oh 2.1 is faster its just that theirs a bunch of useless crap like those moxier apps that take up processes.One way to get around having to manually delete these is to use a custom ROM like the one i recommended in the first post at the bottom theirs a guide on how to do so their too.

But if you dont want to use a custom ROM then you can enable JIT which will give you X10 a boost (note you can also do this after installing the custom ROM too making it even faster) heres a youtube video explaining how to install youll need to be rooted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwkoCAkmcnw

As for mediascape im sure its normal.

Upvote 0
I successfully flashed my xperia last night with your instructions. Thank you! But today I told my boss that I would flash her's that she is trying to sell. Unfortunately it did not go as well as mine did. I went through the steps that I did before and when I went to turn it on, it didnt vibrate or look like it turned on and i noticed a dim light. So I attempted to flash it again. I did not get any different result. Now when I try to put it in flash mode instead of a steady green light I get a flashing red light.

Please help!!! I dont want to have to tell her I messed up her phone.

Upvote 0
I successfully flashed my xperia last night with your instructions. Thank you! But today I told my boss that I would flash her's that she is trying to sell. Unfortunately it did not go as well as mine did. I went through the steps that I did before and when I went to turn it on, it didnt vibrate or look like it turned on and i noticed a dim light. So I attempted to flash it again. I did not get any different result. Now when I try to put it in flash mode instead of a steady green light I get a flashing red light.

Please help!!! I dont want to have to tell her I messed up her phone.

If all else fails...download SEUS Sony Ericsson - Support - Softwaredownloads - Detailed - Updateservice

Then do a full reinstall.

Hopefully you did a backup/sync contacts before you did any of this.

Or just try a different USB port. Mine flashed properly on one....then tried to use the same port again next time and it didn't like it...changed port and it worked.

Upvote 0

That looked easier, but couldnt get to work for me.

It would detect phone and do the first step then stop, saying it couldnt find the phone...

well after 2-3hours of reading and making sure I knew everything about updating. I did hellsrage619 update and workerd perfect. Was a little scared at first. Didnt want to mess up my phone, but all it fine and its so much faster then 1.6. Its a joke they give you the phone with that..

So now its time to read about rooting and ROMS... yaaaaay

Thanks again hellsrage619... GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones