• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still Confident Bravo is coming to Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@wonderbread: I really hope I'm not lusting over the Bravo for nothing... that would sadden me...either way I just hope VZW brings out another high end android device on HTC hardware w/a bigger screen. It's all I really want, as I said in one of my other posts I've had bad luck with Moto software, thus I'm staying away from the Droid...plus it's a big heavy and boxy for my liking.

Upvote 0
@wonderbread: I really hope I'm not lusting over the Bravo for nothing... that would sadden me...either way I just hope VZW brings out another high end android device on HTC hardware w/a bigger screen. It's all I really want, as I said in one of my other posts I've had bad luck with Moto software, thus I'm staying away from the Droid...plus it's a big heavy and boxy for my liking.

My ultimate phone for the time being would be the HTC HD2 CDMA version on VZW with Android 2.1. Some people say the HD2 is way too big to be practical but I love the size and how thin it is relative to the length and width.

I too have been waiting for this mysterious HTC Android phone since November. I really hope we hear something official soon. I am going to try to wait till the end of January and if nothing is out by that time I might just have to get the Droid Eris since im not a big fan of the Droid.

Upvote 0
I've been waiting as well, I am giving it to the middle of January and then going droid

When I had first heard about the Droid, there was no question in my mind on Dec. 1st when I was eligible for the new every two program that the Droid was the phone I was getting. But when I saw it in person, used the keyboard, also read that it was not using the Snap Dragon CPU, I was really disappointed and after reading that there was a new HTC phone on the horizon with almost identical specs of the HD2 coming out before year's end, I figured I would wait.

I have to say my patience is running thin, been using the Samsung i760 since April of last year and im sure I dont have say anything about WM6.1 to anyone here. I'm just dying for a new phone. Really hoping come Jan. 5th we will have something concrete from someone with authority to clear up what we should expect and when.

Upvote 0
I cannot believe Verizon or HTC or whoever is to blame for the delays. I have money burning a hole in my pocket to buy the HTC Snapdragon offering and I actually want to sign up for the data plan. Gotta be on Verizon, though. Eris is too outdated hardware-wise. Didn't like the Droid (form, look, slide-out qwerty). For the first time in as long as I can remember, I'm waiting on the product instead of the product waiting on me. Frustrating as hell.

Upvote 0
Nashdroid, you have brought me hope.

When the DROID first was pushed out, I got excited; becoming obsessed with android ... I think you guys know the drill. But about the second time I went to the exclusively made DROID page on the VZW website, I saw the ERIS' page ad in the lower left corner. I sure enough clicked it and was hooked on the ERIS ever since. When I bought the phone, I knew I was going into something that had a two year old processor. It's shows. :(

I still have 15 days to return it and go back to my Samsung Omnia one for a bit just to wait. I mean, it couldn't hurt. The Omnia doesn't exactly work -- seeing that it is a windows mobile phone made by Samsung, but it'll do somewhat well. I think it's time for me to just return the phone, and wait it out. Again, there could be no hurt here.

I know that I'm going to have to fight with the Florida salesmen, though. They're all (excuse me for saying this) idiots. They love assuring me the world

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze0g
okay guys, finally news leaked. and looks like verizon is gonna be either hit or miss. we are NOT getting a new HTC Passion this early as some thought, it seems that verizon has a close relationship with motorola so you better get used to it ;\

As i've stated before i follow the feeds on these new early android phones, and basically, its been pretty much confirmed that HTC's only focus right now is the Nexus One. It is HTC's pride and glory as it will be completely 'googlized' and will only be avaliable on the t-mobile network (figures since they have been together the longest).. so as far as i know and what i've been reading, goodbye htc rumors for verizon this early in the year. They also stated the the droid eris will become quote "long in the tooth" once this new device is launched.

Bigger news is with motorola (the only company that seems to have any relationship right now with CES and verizon) will be releasing a new android based phone for AT&T with oled screen and physical keyboard but will lack many basics such as 2.0 OS, instead running on 1.6.

For us verizon users, it is also stated this morning that motorola "may announce" (yes they will) a second android phone for verizon wireless. forget about the droid devour, this phone is rumored to have ONLY a soft keyboard, no hardware keyboard. Could this be the sholes that have been rumored? images have been leaked so be sure to check it out. the phone is also supposed to pack a punch with 800mhz and has a more consumer friendly design with rounded edges. Also comes packed with a 8megapixel camera! Earlier reports said that the next motorola phone was going to be 'little brother droid', the devour. Boy, would this be a laughing stock. That thing belongs somewhere in toys 'r us!

the fact that htc is now moving away from its only 'google phone' to compete with the world and instead teaming with t-mobile is a bit sad for many do not like motorola. but its going to be something we may have to live with for awhile.

This is heartbreaking for me because I was going to pick up the Droid today (30th), but now I want to see about this new motorola phone coming to verizon. If its the sholes and the leaked pictures are correct, it looks like a very nice device running 2.1.

Verizon/Motorola will be holding the announcement on the 6th of January (day after the release of the nexus one, who would have guessed). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I hope some of you find this information interesting. if you want more information, go to google and look up new verizon android phone (might even want to throw motorola in there) and look at the LATEST news.

I guess we've been hit by some good and bad news.

One question for people who usually follow CES, when an announcement of a new phone is put up, how long does it usually take for the phone to hit the market?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this on another thread...I'm hoping it's not true...

Upvote 0
Quite frankly if Verizon has something up its sleeve, better to announce it the 4th and take the wind out of Google's sails.
Agreed, Verizon needs to make a move here soon or lose some customers.

The hypothetical question I have is, what if we don't hear anything from Verizon in the next two weeks? It would imply that Droid/Eris are our only two options for the near future. If this happens I'll seriously consider taking my business to t-mobile.

Upvote 0
@Phydeaux: I'm with you on that. I really like the look of the eris, but the outdated hardware and smallish screen are deal-breakers for me. I have a feeling that if VZW was getting something in the next few weeks we'd have at least some information on it by now similar to how the nexus one was "leaked". I really hope VZW pulls through and surprises me with the phone I want, but I wouldn't hold my breath for big red in any situation.

Upvote 0
Yeah, we're all familiar with Big Red's business model; great service/crappy phones. Sure they gave us the Droid, which is fine for some, but it's not enough to change my belief that Verizon isn't too interested in being the first to release high-end devices.

If Verizon doesn't pull a rabbit out of their ass in the next couple weeks, and I'm able to transfer my existing number to t-mobile, I may make the jump to Nexus1. Their voice/data plan is only $15 more than my voice-only plan with Verizon.

Upvote 0
Yeah, we're all familiar with Big Red's business model; great service/crappy phones. Sure they gave us the Droid, which is fine for some, but it's not enough to change my belief that Verizon isn't too interested in being the first to release high-end devices.

If Verizon doesn't pull a rabbit out of their ass in the next couple weeks, and I'm able to transfer my existing number to t-mobile, I may make the jump to Nexus1. Their voice/data plan is only $15 more than my voice-only plan with Verizon.

Back in mid-November I heard that Verizon was making a push to release a number of smartphones. I believe the direct quote was that Verizon wanted to be considered to have the "best smartphones, best network" so I've been focused on that. From what I can tell, though selection has improved, they're falling short on the first part. Guess this wasn't a serious push by Verizon.

Upvote 0
Well, some would argue that they do have the best Android phone on the market (Droid)... for a whole month and a half. :rolleyes:

I think the Droid was intended to be Google's real launching platform for all future Android based phones and I guess to some degree it has succeeded at that because it has really put Android on the map as a true competitor to the more established smartphone OS's.

Beyond that, the phone itself is not as special as I had hoped it would be. I do like the form factor, how slim it is relative to its competitors given its specs and features but being VZW's current flagship smartphone, it should stand out much more. If it was not for VZW's huge marketing campaign, the phone would probably sell less then half of the current amount.

Granted, VZW or anyone who is bringing a brand new device to the market wants the public to know about it but the device should speak for itself and less of its success should have to do with marketing if the device is something worthy of praise.

And I really do wish from this point on that older, outdated hardware is not used on new devices. This has been mentioned alot in relation to the Droid Eris aside from the horrendous battery life. If it has the Droid hardware at least, I would have gotten it when it was released and be done with it. Its unfortunate that device manufacturers are still cutting corners in area's that cant afford to be cut like hardware.

Upvote 0
You clearly did not read my post. What will we do with you...?

I knew exactly what you meant Ruben. Wonderbread must have not read this thread from the beginning, or wasn't thinking that maybe you were referring to my posts towards the beginning of this thread. I knew what you meant though. Have hope brother, I think our waiting will be worth it here pretty soon.

Upvote 0
An article over at phonearena.com mentions that information about the HTC Passion may be available at the 2010 CES next week. They placed this tidbit at the top of the Verizon catagory. Maybe they know something we don't?

The HTC Passion – the rumor has it this is the CDMA version of the HTC Nexus One (also known as the Google Phone) and unofficial details about it just keep coming in by dribs and drabs. The latest leaked information on the Nexus One indicates that Google will most probably introduce the handset January 5. We do hope to see it at the exhibition and possibly, unearth further details on its CDMA version.
Link: What should we expect at CES 2010 (Phone Arena News)

Upvote 0
Agreed, Verizon needs to make a move here soon or lose some customers.

The hypothetical question I have is, what if we don't hear anything from Verizon in the next two weeks? It would imply that Droid/Eris are our only two options for the near future. If this happens I'll seriously consider taking my business to t-mobile.

Dont hear anything official from Verizon, or dont get anything concrete? Verizon doesnt have a great track record of announcing launches very well. I mean the Eris was announced the day before it launched and I think the Droid was only a week before launch.
I see no point in taking my business to the only carrier not to have 3G service in Tallahassee (not to mention crap regular coverage). I'll either just get a Droid on a 1 year contract or sign up to become part of the oncoming zombie apocalypse (aka get an Iphone).

Upvote 0
Anyone here have the Imagio or know anyone who does? I really like that phone, form factor wise and all. Dont like WM but I definitely wont get a Droid and I like the Imagio better then the Eris, I might just get the Imagio till the Verizon Android scene starts to really blossom in this upcoming year.

Generally the reviews for the Imagio have been positive with the usual WM complaints but with the Sense UI, the Imagio is probably the best WM based smartphone currently on the market.

Upvote 0
Anyone here have the Imagio or know anyone who does? I really like that phone, form factor wise and all. Dont like WM but I definitely wont get a Droid and I like the Imagio better then the Eris, I might just get the Imagio till the Verizon Android scene starts to really blossom in this upcoming year.

Generally the reviews for the Imagio have been positive with the usual WM complaints but with the Sense UI, the Imagio is probably the best WM based smartphone currently on the market.

I'm personally dead set on waiting until a phone like this one we're waiting for comes out. My LG Dare is fine and is working just great for what I need it for right now. So, I'm just going to wait it out, because I don't want to be stuck with a phone for 2 years that doesn't do EVERYTHING that I want my next phone to do. When I finally get a data plan and am paying Verizon more, I at least want that data to be able to be experienced on a phone that will do it justice. So, that's my plan. I'll wait. Time goes by so fast. So, even if this phone or something like it is released in the spring or in the summer, I'll wait till then. Months go by fast and it's still hard to believe Christmas came and went and 2010 will be here in a couple of days. So...if you know what you want, just wait for it. That's my game plan anyways.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones