• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Successful flash to MetroPCS Talk text and 1x web

citric

Mar 1, 2012
Dunno how I was able to do it, but after rooting, flashing, programming, and repeating the process multiple times, I finally got it working. I used the LGNPST Guide to flash it back to V6 restore, then did OTA updates.

My Talk and text were working, 1x not at this point. After finishing all OTA updates to Android 2.2.2 and SW version VS740ZVD the ability to text was lost for some reason. reworked the LGNPST, got back to base, figured out where it was that I needed to stop updating to keep my texts working, and stayed there. This is when I noticed the 1x working. I don't know what settings I changed or tweaked or what did what, but I have working talk text and 1x. I will share with you my current settings.

LG Ally 2.1-update1
Baseband: VS740MVC.5210.1015
Kernel: 2.6.29 lge@android-build #2
Build: ERE27
SW Ver: VS740ZVC

I'm currently using MetroPCS's 3026 PRL file as well.

Using QPST, you can check some other values:
M.IP tab

Active User: 1
Mobile IP Behavior: Mob + Simp f/back
RFC2002bis MN-HA authenticator calculation: Checked

User Profile:
Profile: 0
Enabled: yes
NAI: <mynumber>@mymetropcs.com
Tethered NAI: <mynumber>@dun.vzw3g.com (this setting won't save)
Home Address: 0.0.0.2
Primary HA Address: 0.0.0.1
Secondary HA Address: 111.225.51.109
MN-HA SPI (hex): 8A1
MN-AAA SPI (hex): [empty]
DMU Public Key ID: 10
DMU Mobile Authenticator (hex): [empty]

also in QPST, under the PPP config tab:
UM section:
Tethered nai: <mynumber>@mymetropcs.com
user id: <mynumber>@mymetropcs.com
password: used the MSL generated from WhiteRabbit
Rec PW enc: UNCHECKED

I don't know if it's the particular radio baseband or what that retains the settings, but now the settings save when I reboot, which I'm sure most of you know is a huge problem with our Allies

I hope this may be of help to some of you. Any questions, I'll see if I can answer.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones