Dunno how I was able to do it, but after rooting, flashing, programming, and repeating the process multiple times, I finally got it working. I used the LGNPST Guide to flash it back to V6 restore, then did OTA updates. My Talk and text were working, 1x not at this point. After finishing all OTA updates to Android 2.2.2 and SW version VS740ZVD the ability to text was lost for some reason. reworked the LGNPST, got back to base, figured out where it was that I needed to stop updating to keep my texts working, and stayed there. This is when I noticed the 1x working. I don't know what settings I changed or tweaked or what did what, but I have working talk text and 1x. I will share with you my current settings. LG Ally 2.1-update1 Baseband: VS740MVC.5210.1015 Kernel: 2.6.29 lge@android-build #2 Build: ERE27 SW Ver: VS740ZVC I'm currently using MetroPCS's 3026 PRL file as well. Using QPST, you can check some other values: M.IP tab Active User: 1 Mobile IP Behavior: Mob + Simp f/back RFC2002bis MN-HA authenticator calculation: Checked User Profile: Profile: 0 Enabled: yes NAI: <mynumber>@mymetropcs.com Tethered NAI: <mynumber>@dun.vzw3g.com (this setting won't save) Home Address: 0.0.0.2 Primary HA Address: 0.0.0.1 Secondary HA Address: 220.127.116.11 MN-HA SPI (hex): 8A1 MN-AAA SPI (hex): [empty] DMU Public Key ID: 10 DMU Mobile Authenticator (hex): [empty] also in QPST, under the PPP config tab: UM section: Tethered nai: <mynumber>@mymetropcs.com user id: <mynumber>@mymetropcs.com password: used the MSL generated from WhiteRabbit Rec PW enc: UNCHECKED I don't know if it's the particular radio baseband or what that retains the settings, but now the settings save when I reboot, which I'm sure most of you know is a huge problem with our Allies I hope this may be of help to some of you. Any questions, I'll see if I can answer.