• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swiping gestures explanation

countryblue

Dec 6, 2019
Samsung s23

I have these two settings, but I'm confused as to how they can work together. A swipe during a call took a screeenshot.

palm.jpg

swipe.jpg

Basically the phone can tell the difference between swiping with the tip of your finger and the edge of your hand (much bigger area). And it can tell the difference between swiping from an icon and swiping from the edge of the phone. So between these differences it should be extremely easy for the phone to distinguish these gestures.

To be honest, I find the "palm swipe for screenshot" gesture difficult to make work at all (perhaps because my phone case has a slightly raised lip), and hard to do reliably. Actually I also find it awkward to hold the phone and do this at all. I've tried to see whether I can trigger it accidentally, e.g. using multiple fingers, or laying a finger along the screen, and have not managed it so far. So I'm not sure how you triggered it accidentally during a call, since I find it hard enough to trigger deliberately. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones