• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync by wire

Hi, I'm looking for an application with which I can keep folders in sync between my PC and my galaxy 3 external SD card. BY WIRE. I found Cheetah that does this by wifi, but is there a program that does it by wire?

Thanks, Daan

"Program"? You can manually drag/copy anything you select on your SGS3's SDcard to your PC's desktop via USB cable. Or vice versa. Then those files on your SGS3 and on your PC will be identical = synced. But it is of course not nearly as convenient as using a personal 'cloud' (like for instance Minus with 11GB of free online storage space)

Upvote 0
Hi, I tried it, but it can't select the Phones folders....

Works for me BUT you have to connect the phone in 'USB mass storage' mode. You should get the option when you connect to your PC.

I tested it as I needed to re-sync my music collection after some MP3 tag editing. 24GB to sync .... I think it'll take a while ....

Edited to add: yes, it did take a while but it finished fine.

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones