• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Target to offer Optimus V for $129 plus $20 gift card

I stopped at a local Target today. I was going to take one and hide it so I could pick it up tomorrow. There was only one ont the shelf with the sale starting tomorrow... Good luck Target shoppers

Doesn't Target have a low price guarantee? I know it would be a bit of an inconvenience to have to go back and deal with the customer service desk but you would at least have the last one in the store :D

Upvote 0
I have learned quite a bit for this forum.

I can only thank you by letting you know that Target will price match their own price with in 14 days.

I just got back from my local Target and spoke with a manger. She told me of this policy personally and also asked me if it was the Optimus I was interested in. Interest is really high for this phone. So i bought the phone for $149 and will take it back tomorrow to get the price match.

If you are considering this phone at this price, you should really consider buying tonight.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
We called the store that had one on the shelf @ 8am this morning and they held it until we got there. $129 plus we got a $20 Target gift card. That is a steal for this awsome phone. I bought mine about three weeks ago at Best Buy for $150 and still feel that is a bargin. But the one for my wife was a even better deal!! My son bought one last week from BB for $129 so that makes three Optimus V's in one house.

Upvote 0
First post!
I went to Target Sunday and they didn't have any in stock. Asked the clerk and he wanded the UPC code and he showed none in stock. I was bummed. I went back today and they had them in. Yeah, I got one!

I'm a current VM customer with an old Kyocera Rave(?). I have to find out if my credits will rollover from the old plan. I'll probably try and play with it for awhile before activating it and switching over. I'm not a heavy phone user so I'm not in a big rush except to play with it. I think I read on another thread here that's doable, right?

One interesting thing I noticed: On the bottom of the Optimus V box, there are UPC codes for Radio Shack, Best Buy and then there's one that says Target/WalMart. So it seems WalMart will be selling the Optimus, too. Didn't know if this has been mentioned before.

Upvote 0
First post!
I went to Target Sunday and they didn't have any in stock. Asked the clerk and he wanded the UPC code and he showed none in stock. I was bummed. I went back today and they had them in. Yeah, I got one!

I'm a current VM customer with an old Kyocera Rave(?). I have to find out if my credits will rollover from the old plan. I'll probably try and play with it for awhile before activating it and switching over. I'm not a heavy phone user so I'm not in a big rush except to play with it. I think I read on another thread here that's doable, right?

One interesting thing I noticed: On the bottom of the Optimus V box, there are UPC codes for Radio Shack, Best Buy and then there's one that says Target/WalMart. So it seems WalMart will be selling the Optimus, too. Didn't know if this has been mentioned before.

Yes, your credits will roll over to a Beyond Talk plan. Yes, you can use the phone on WiFi without activating it. Yes, there are reports out there of some Wal-Marts selling the V. Have fun.

Upvote 0
Yes, your credits will roll over to a Beyond Talk plan. Yes, you can use the phone on WiFi without activating it. Yes, there are reports out there of some Wal-Marts selling the V. Have fun.

Just read the Terms of Service , it says if you change plans minutes/credit don't roll over. Right now, I'm on the Minute by Minute plan.

Aaack, finally sat down to get my hands on the Optimus and there's no microSD inside. I have the adapter but the microSD is not in the phone. It supposed to be preinstalled right? I almost missed the adapter loose in the box. Guess I have to return it for an exchange?

Update: Returned the phone to Target. Of course, they were out of stock. The clerk checked another store and indicated there were 4 in stock. He suggested going back to Customer Service and have them call to put one on hold. It took awhile to contact the other store but it turned out to be a good thing -- there was only one left. I went to the second store, ten miles away, and got it.
Oh, and they didn't ask me to return the $20 GC so I got two in the process!

Upvote 0
Just read the Terms of Service , it says if you change plans minutes/credit don't roll over. Right now, I'm on the Minute by Minute plan.

Aaack, finally sat down to get my hands on the Optimus and there's no microSD inside. I have the adapter but the microSD is not in the phone. It supposed to be preinstalled right? I almost missed the adapter loose in the box. Guess I have to return it for an exchange?

Update: Returned the phone to Target. Of course, they were out of stock. The clerk checked another store and indicated there were 4 in stock. He suggested going back to Customer Service and have them call to put one on hold. It took awhile to contact the other store but it turned out to be a good thing -- there was only one left. I went to the second store, ten miles away, and got it.
Oh, and they didn't ask me to return the $20 GC so I got two in the process!

I was able to roll a $5 a month Pay Lo plan I've had for years into a Beyond Talk plan with a new phone without issue. I don't know about minute plans, but VM will tell you...I did my phone activation at a Radio Shack and it was never an issue.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if i can get one in a Target in New York,or are they all sold out?

All you can do is call...be sure to have the DPCI number and have them physically check stock...and hold it for you if they do. There was a guy from NYC earlier that said he was hosed on one earlier today...that they were supposed to have and hold, and then didn't have when they got there.

Upvote 0
I was able to roll a $5 a month Pay Lo plan I've had for years into a Beyond Talk plan with a new phone without issue. I don't know about minute plans, but VM will tell you...I did my phone activation at a Radio Shack and it was never an issue.

I tried calling VM CS but was put on hold. I guess they're super busy these days. I'm not in a rush to activate yet but I'll post back here when I do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones