• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Rezound extended battery lowdown!

I was having similar probs with my stock battery.
Finally went and bought the extended battery and back cover from the local Verizon corporate store for 30$ and my god. i am sitting on 21 hrs use right now with 28% battery left. I would have had 28% left after 5-6 hrs of doing nothing on the phone w/ the prev battery.

This would be even if it was set on the "economy" power mode with mobile data always on turned off, auto sync/background data turned off as well.

insane difference.
I hope the std battery is defective. I think I'm going to try to get it replaced.
Hey, if you do get the std battery replaced, let us know how it goes. I'm digging the freedom the big battery gives me, but it'd be nice to know.

Upvote 0
Just got the extended battery,what a big difference in battery life,after fully charging the battery and turning all the radios on except GPS and sync,i went to bed woke up 8 hours later and the phone was at 89% battery left,granted the screen was not on,but that is great for this phone,i went back to the standard battery because my otterbox case will not fit with the bigger door.

Upvote 0
Just got the extended battery,what a big difference in battery life,after fully charging the battery and turning all the radios on except GPS and sync,i went to bed woke up 8 hours later and the phone was at 89% battery left,granted the screen was not on,but that is great for this phone,i went back to the standard battery because my otterbox case will not fit with the bigger door.

Friend... I respect your choice.... :) Me? I wipe out two extended batteries a day! lol

Upvote 0
The Rezound can do so much so well, that it makes me want to use it more than I use my previous phones. So I eventually got sick of my standard battery dying out so fast and ordered the extended battery.

I personally don't like to have to carry around extra standard batteries. I also don't like switching out batteries, because every time I try to pry open the case, I feel like I'm gonna break it.

This may sound weird, but it really seems like I get more than double the battery life out of the extended battery compared to the standard one, even though its capacity rating is not double. Maybe my original battery was bad (I heard, every individual battery is different). Or maybe it was because I recently switched to Scott's Sense Less Clean Rom Developer Edition, which is good on battery life.

I usually get about 5-6 hours of heavy use from the original battery, but with the extended, it can last 12 hours easily. I'll even get 35hours out of it if I'm too busy to play with my phone constantly.

Now, I just leave 4G on, auto brightness, allow syncs regularly. I used to even underclock my phone, not anymore.

So now, my Rezound is the perfect phone for me, well, almost. The extended battery makes the phone so bulky that I hated it at first. But after seeing how well it performs, I chose function over form as I always do. But in actuality, it still feels good in the hand. I use the "bumper" style case from HTCpedia, the one that has the cutout for the back of the battery, so it's not as thick as other cases. It oddly has an oem look to it.

I dropped by bestbuy and saw the HTC One X. It looked really nice in person. I like the design, and how it is almost all screen. The bezel was very minimal compared to most phones. At that point, I really wanted it, but I remembered that it had a non-removable battery, and I bet the built in battery would not be enough for me. So the Rezound is still the best phone out there for me.

:)

Reactions: Mayfield88
Upvote 0
I had the Rezound with an extended battery also and loved it. I had a case on it at first, but it was way too bulky. I ended up using a screen protector and no case. The larger size battery door protects the camera lense and the phone so no case is needed. The phone slimmed down tremendously and felt great holding it.

I am now using a Nexus and carrying around two batteries. I thought the extended on this phone would be just enormous, and the battery door is much easier to pop off on this phone than the Rezound. The Rezound def had the most difficult case to pull off from any phone I have ever seen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones