• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories The Truth About The Incredible Battery

All of your posts read like a Seidio commercial.

I encourage everyone to check out BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims! before you buy one.
That guy is an idiot. His results are statistically not acceptable (a sample size of one for each battery?). Additionally, he had online friends send him batteries to test. He did not normalize for use. They all have different wear and tear on them, some of them could have been treated poorly, but that does not stop the BatteryBoss. That dolt just kept going in the name of consumer knowledge, all the while publishing useless information that has no merit and in fact may be totally incorrect. My God I want to smack him.

I said this in the battery thread, but I will do my own tests (I am a chem engineering and physics major working in a battery lab) with all new batteries (I have to figure out how to fund this). The equipment will be lab equipment and will be properly calibrated etc, and all batteries will be treated exactly the same from the start. If possible, I will also do a capacity vs time chart.

Thx droid for confirming I never doubted you :D

That link to the battery tests is revealing indeed....but I go by my own real world experience with Seido's ext batt's....the ones I have purchased (for my Eris and 2 past phones) are worth every penny ;)

They are not revealing (see above). Well...they are, but not of the battery life. They reveal BatteryBoss's lack of good experimental procedure or data analysis techniques (especially experimental statistics).

on another subject of batteries(I apologize in advance if this has been covered). I am also curious about the new battery replacements from powermat..no more ugly back cover but an actual battery that replaces the regular size battery and allow the device to be charged on the mat.

I just want to make sure i don't end up spending money on a very good battery,2150 mAh extended battery that i will eventually exchange out for the powermat battery. The new power mat battery i believe will be available in June/July.and the work through protective covers, that part got me really siked. I was a previous Seido case and clip owner, However, I couldn't charge in the cradle with the case on. kinda a hassle. Any thoughts?

Link, please? I thought of getting one, and this would seal the deal (and make me wait longer :( ).

Thanks
Nkk

Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones