• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "Wooo Hooo" I just ordered My Nexus 4 Thread!

Received mine in the mail a few hours ago, been dealing with AT&T since. Having issues receiving text messages from my friends with iPhones (I came from the 4S). I spoke with AT&T and they said my number is no longer associated with the iPhone, so I dunno whats going on. Might be taking a long time to get my number off the iCloud servers. If its not fixed by Monday I'll call Apple.

Luckily the phone survived the trip, the box isn't that big and the UPS guy just chucked it on the ground by my door. That and it was damn near frozen when I got it with these single digit temps we had today.

Upvote 0
Received mine in the mail a few hours ago, been dealing with AT&T since. Having issues receiving text messages from my friends with iPhones (I came from the 4S). I spoke with AT&T and they said my number is no longer associated with the iPhone, so I dunno whats going on. Might be taking a long time to get my number off the iCloud servers. If its not fixed by Monday I'll call Apple.

Luckily the phone survived the trip, the box isn't that big and the UPS guy just chucked it on the ground by my door. That and it was damn near frozen when I got it with these single digit temps we had today.

I think you're having an iMessage issue. Did you turn off iMessage on your iPhone? I think it's still grabbing texts from iPhones as iMessages instead of texts.

Upvote 0
I think you're having an iMessage issue. Did you turn off iMessage on your iPhone? I think it's still grabbing texts from iPhones as iMessages instead of texts.

I disabled iMessage on my iPhone and unchecked my number on all the rest of my iOS devices, it just took a really long time to update on the iCloud servers. Its fixed now.

Upvote 0
That's a really good deal - less than I'm paying, over all. Plus I had to wait 3 weeks, not 3 days, to get the phone.

I wonder how much the network is messing with the OS .. and how quick they'll be with updates.

Not that I'd care that much, given that price :)

The phone is stock jelly bean with no branding. Did come with a micro SIM which I swapped to straight away. Updated, rooted, poetic bumper... sorted!

Upvote 0
Got my Nexus 4 today after ordering Saturday. Truly pleased. Liked my Galaxy S3 but wanted to be assured of updates. Got used to that from being longtime iPhone user.

I've just had the shipping notice for the second one I ordered yesterday. TNT lost the first one and as soon as Google had nuked it, yup, it turned up.

Wasn't going to bother ordering again but why not. So hopefully it'll appear next week at some point.

Upvote 0
Ordered one today, few hours later noticed the 16gb version is only $50 more, tried to cancel my order but no dice, called them said I could just refuse the delivery and get refunded I dont want to do that though because 1 I want the phone soon as possible and 2 without tying up an extra $400 it will be quite a while before the order can be here.
I hope they are quick as some people have seen.

Upvote 0
I ordered a 16 gig one on the 8th . my shipping estimate is the 28th . I also ordered a bumper. I can't wait until it gets here. I also ordered 2 cases, some screen protectors, and a wireless charging for pad from amazon. I hope everything comes before I get her phone so I can protect it from day one. I would love to keep it naked, but and soooo worried about all the glass.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones