• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] Honeybread for ApeX 1.4 (Updated 3/2/11)

What do you guys think of this?
newlock.jpg

top half shows the circle that pops up on the right when you press the unlock slider
bottom half shows what it looks like when youve slid the unlock over into the circle.

thoughts?

Wait, so V2 doesn't feature this sweet lock screen? Or does it? I really like the 3/4 of a circle thing.

Upvote 0
after my debacle of removing lpp lol...which all started by wanting to run this theme lol...should i install v1 first? or just go straight to v2??

if you have not installed v1 before, you need to install it first before installing v2

if you are currently on v1 then you should be fine installing v2 right over it

Upvote 0
ok... OP updated again. I fixed the issue that was causing all of the FC's
I tested it from stock apex, from v1, and even from the v2 I posted earlier. I tested it every way I could think of lol
lesson learned... test my shit better next time lol
sorry for anyone that got inconvenienced. but all should be well now!

Just curious, what was causing the issue?

Upvote 0
Just curious, what was causing the issue?

I think it might have had something to do with the v4 that was added to the end of the file names.
I went back into where the progress bar xml was and just pulled the xml, and put that into the files with normal names and swapped all the image files again and it seems to work either from honeybreadv1 and from stock apex now so...
its the only thing I could think of that would have caused it, and getting rid of the v4 seemed to have solved it so...
still really weird. I'm going to test it more today and see if I can narrow it down even more.

Upvote 0
Awesome job ECFfighter7232. Really appreciate your work on this theme, and the updates are making it that much better. My only anal retentive suggestion is what someone else brought up earlier about the shade of blue used for the progress bars. Anyway to get it to match either the status bar icons' blue or the power control buttons' blue using the hex code?

Thanks again for the theme!

Upvote 0
Awesome job ECFfighter7232. Really appreciate your work on this theme, and the updates are making it that much better. My only anal retentive suggestion is what someone else brought up earlier about the shade of blue used for the progress bars. Anyway to get it to match either the status bar icons' blue or the power control buttons' blue using the hex code?

Thanks again for the theme!

yeah I am going to work on trying to get it to be a closer color. when I did it the color matched on my computer screen, but not all screens are created equal lol.
mine tends to saturate colors a little more I guess.

Upvote 0
I think it might have had something to do with the v4 that was added to the end of the file names.
I went back into where the progress bar xml was and just pulled the xml, and put that into the files with normal names and swapped all the image files again and it seems to work either from honeybreadv1 and from stock apex now so...
its the only thing I could think of that would have caused it, and getting rid of the v4 seemed to have solved it so...
still really weird. I'm going to test it more today and see if I can narrow it down even more.

Really, that's weird. I've been running frameworks and such that have -v4 added with no problems for a while and never once had a problem with it. I don't know what it is about ApeX, but it's been really picky since 1.4.0.

EDIT:
You can use APK Manager 4.9 to decompile/compile and it will not add the -v4, it's just more steps (a little more involved) than 4.8 to get it done.

Reactions: ECFfighter7232
Upvote 0
So is there just one file to install now, V2 ? Now that I put Apex on I'd like to try this, looks really nice man.

yes, there is just one file to be installed now. it can be installed from stock apex 1.4.1 or from the originally posted Honeybread-v1

also, so you all have a heads up. Your themed market may disappear.
my market just updated to version 2.3.4 and is no longer themed... once a new themed version is released I will update accordingly.

Upvote 0
yes, there is just one file to be installed now. it can be installed from stock apex 1.4.1 or from the originally posted Honeybread-v1

also, so you all have a heads up. Your themed market may disappear.
my market just updated to version 2.3.4 and is no longer themed... once a new themed version is released I will update accordingly.

What is up with all this market updating so frequently now :mad:

Good and bad I suppose :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones