• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Time changing randomly?

Daigoro

Dec 5, 2012
anyone else getting this recently? dunno if its a sprint network thing (boost/Ting are on Sprint right?)

it's been randomly happening several times over the past few weeks, and its been quite off, by hours and minutes. it's happening to me on a rooted phone using Ting, and a local friend who is using a non rooted Volt on Boost.

seriously worried that its going to freak at the wrong time and the alarm is going to conk out just in time to get up for work one of these days.

Yes Boost is on Sprint network. I have been having all kinds of problems for a few months and I was told that there was a problem with Sprint network for a while However when the time on my phone started changing the time all on its own, I called once again to find out if problem had been fixed or was a result of problem. I was informed problem fixed and after a series of updates was told it is not a network problem (even though i have to go into the settings and uncheck use network provided time and recheck it to fix time) but a problem with the internal battery on the phone and if it was still under warranty could send to lg and they will fix it. (Of course it is no longer under warranty so basically until i get a new phone i too worry about alarms not going off and calls and texts and voicemails not coming through because the time is normally at least 6 hours ahead and routinely in the next day. At least i know not the only one dealing with this

Upvote 0
Sometime when you don't need any alarms, try to disable automatic time updates, set the time manually, and temporarily turn off alarms. Be careful though, cause if the time does change, your alarm won't go off at the right time, or it could go off when you don't want it to. Did you try resetting to factory settings? Are you rooted?

Upvote 0
I honestly dont know if phone is rooted. If i turn off network time and turn back on it fixes itself but this is numerous times a day and is highly frustrating. Luckily I do not need the alarm very often and when I do have been using a regular alarm clock as backup. I did send a message to LG to see if in fact a common problem or if Boost was just trying to get me to buy new phone

Upvote 0
I did receive an email back from lg.

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for taking time to contact LG. We appreciate your email.

As per your concern if bad battery will affect the date & time of your phone, no Dawn. If the battery is bad, the phone will power cycle or not turning ON at all. Boost Mobile was correct that it was a network issue.

For the mean time, we strongly suggest to contact your service provider if the network is already fixed. It really happens sometimes.

Boost Mobile number is 866-402-7366.

I called Boost once again. Now per Rose at Boost was updates on tower on 26th. Ummm ok when I called on 13th issue's were supposedly fixed and have still been having problems. So did reset and updates once again and we shall see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones