• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TOOL] Recovery Flasher Batch

Looks like a useful tool, but I could see this not working for some people if, like me, "adb remount" doesn't work for them. I'm not sure why, but it always says permission denied, whether I run as root or not.

are you issuing adb root before the remount?
it took me a few tries to realize I had to do that :)

Upvote 0
try to have it do
Code:
ECHO Remounting /SYSTEM Read-Write
res\adb shell mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
then do an adb sync when done

that should help on ones with stock ramdisk where adb isn't root and remount fails and you could try an adb shell su too intstead of adb root.

Thanks for the tip.

I have been mucking around with it and have had issues getting adb shell su to work the way I want it to, if I pass that command the batch gets stuck in a shell and I cant get it to pass more commands. I know Im just missing something but I cant see what.

Code:
res\adb shell su
#
then the script will pause until the shell is exited from, I have tried just passing exit but dos is lame and waits for "adb shell su" to exit before proceeding

any ideas? If I can get adb shell su to work I can fix all these problems

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip.

I have been mucking around with it and have had issues getting adb shell su to work the way I want it to, if I pass that command the batch gets stuck in a shell and I cant get it to pass more commands. I know Im just missing something but I cant see what.

Code:
res\adb shell su
#
then the script will pause until the shell is exited from, I have tried just passing exit but dos is lame and waits for "adb shell su" to exit before proceeding

any ideas? If I can get adb shell su to work I can fix all these problems

Ok So is this why it didnt work for My Father-In-Law's Phone?

He wants the recovery system and he has a stock phone.
So I rooted it with Universal Androot. and then hooked it up via USB
and Ran your Batch file. It failed:(

Did I do somthing wrong or was it the program?
Cool idea for a Program by the way.

Upvote 0
Right now its only works on about 50% of the setups out there, its nothing you did wrong, just a problem with the tool.

I would suggest using rom manager to flash for the time being if this tool didnt work, You can even flash AmonRA thru rom manager now.

Hmmm I can do it the old fashioned way for sure. I just was looking for the cheap way out. LOL

However the rom manager is a good idea.

Upvote 0
So.
I was bored today and made a tool to flash either Clockwork or AmonRA recoveries. It shall be known as:

UBER AWESOME RECOVERY FLASHER

Well its not exactly UBER AWESOME, but it should help some of you that have issues getting your recovery to stick. Download this tool, unzip it and run Flasher.bat (this is a windows only tool)

What does it do exactly?
This handy little tool will request root permissions, remount your /system rw then push over the desired recovery image and flash_image, changes the necessary permissions, flashes the recovery, removed install-recovery.sh and gives you an option to reboot into recovery.

You do need your phone plugged in to USB for this to work.

As i dont have an ally to test with anymore I am unsure as to whether or not this needs ADB drivers installed, I assume yes so make sure you install PDANet for the ADB drivers.

DOWNLOAD

I would like to apologize for my lack of contributions recently, I have been quite busy but I haven't forgotten about you guys!

EDIT: UPDATED LINK, FIXED ISSUES

So ignorant question.... Is this where you will download the New version?
Again thanks for taking the time to make this. You rock Brother.

Upvote 0
Im pulling the file for now.

I am working on it but running into roadblocks. I need to find a way to get the batch file to relay commands thru the adb shell, I have tried opening a new cmd window to get su and continue in the original to no avail. The commands that require su need to be run from within the same session that requested them. So the search is on, Ill let you guys know when I get it working, I might have to resort to VB sorry about the premature release, Ill make sure to test it on more than one ally next time

Upvote 0
Im pulling the file for now.

I am working on it but running into roadblocks. I need to find a way to get the batch file to relay commands thru the adb shell, I have tried opening a new cmd window to get su and continue in the original to no avail. The commands that require su need to be run from within the same session that requested them. So the search is on, Ill let you guys know when I get it working, I might have to resort to VB sorry about the premature release, Ill make sure to test it on more than one ally next time

Hey Props for the idea And I wish you best of luck on getting this running.
If you need any help testing I am your man.

Upvote 0
I need a tester.

I spent all day remembering VB and putting this together

LINK

I dont have an ally so I cant test it, but it goes through all the motion s on my dinc

If someone can test this it would be great, just extract, plug phone in with USB DEBUGGING on and phone plugged in WITH adb drivers, select the top 3 settings then hit flash

Flasher.jpg

Reactions: dumbteentarget
Upvote 0
OK - weird but true story. I could not restore to Clockwork until I allowed it to restore RA over itself first. After that, I could switch between the two with ease.

It doesn't appear that it worked to flash the Stock recovery image with this. Also, once you flash recovery, you have to close Flasher and reopen it if you want to flash a different recovery or you get the error dialog in the attached file.

Glad that it finally works with my phone. So much easier than typing all those lines of code in that tiny terminal screen!

Upvote 0
Yeah Im glad its starting to come together,

Im going to email myself the code today from work, as I have installed visual studio 2010 at home.

I plan on reworking the code, as right now it is written very poorly ( very reminiscent of an old qbasic program) adding a textbox that debug info spits into, adding a root button and if I can figure out how koush sends instructions to recovery I will add tools for flashing roms, kernels and more!

Reactions: swc2001
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones