• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trading Rezound for Incredible 4g would you do it

so i was thinking of trading my rezound for the incredible 4g... i actually like my rezound but i dont like the feel of it... it feels bulky and i never got used to it like i thought i would... i guess im used to my original incredible and thats why i want the 4g... do you think its worth selling my rezound to get the incredible 4g? problem is i used my upgrade already so i have to buy out of contract... im thinking if i should wait if a better phone comes out but all the new phones are huge screens which i dont want...

Not in a billion million years! :)

That thing is so SMALL!!! But I'm of the mind of liking the bigger phones. My girl has the SG3 and while I won't touch touchwiz (lol) I can't get over how thin and light it is. With a 2100Mah battery!!

If the Inc 4G was 4.3" I would trade my rezound for it today but it just feels so small. There is no way I could downgrade in size

Upvote 0
If you aren't using half the storage space on the Rezound, and you didn't have any problems with the smaller screen size of the Inc, there's no reason not to go for it. Personally, I can deal with the larger phone size, and I can't deal with having less space than I have now, so it's not even an option for me. It all depends on what you're personally willing to give up.

Upvote 0
If the Inc 4G was 4.3" I would trade my rezound for it today but it just feels so small. There is no way I could downgrade in size

If the Inc 4G was a 4.3" you would have a Rezound, but with 4.0 and less storage space. You must REALLY love Sense.

Since I installed the 3.14.605.10 710RD 4.0.3 leak on mine, I'm not sure if I care that much for Sense 4.0 but I haven't compared them side-by-side so I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
If the Inc 4G was a 4.3" you would have a Rezound, but with 4.0 and less storage space. You must REALLY love Sense.

Since I installed the 3.14.605.10 710RD 4.0.3 leak on mine, I'm not sure if I care that much for Sense 4.0 but I haven't compared them side-by-side so I'm not sure.

I do. :)

I already noticed some differences in sense 4.0 and what the rezound (eventually) is getting

Upvote 0

Not sure if I'm reading your comment right but the leak is Sense 3.6 not 4.0.

How much memory storage is on the Inc 4G? I use a 32GB micro SD anyway, but I didn't know it was less.

FWIW
DLM

Upvote 0
I see them as being pretty much equal performance wise with the Rezound being just a bit faster. Stock battery life is better on the Inc for sure but using a 1900 battery on my Rezound they are about equal. The 8 GB of on board storage is plenty if you upgrade the SD card to 32GB. Since the Inc still has capacitive buttons you do get the full 4" of screen to use which is cool. I am not a fan of the software buttons taking up screen and hate having to reach up to the top of the screen for the menu button. The screen looks great on the Inc but the overall build quality doesn't feel as solid for some reason. Sense 4.0 is the best one yet but it is still behind in customization compared to other launchers (I use Apex on my Rezound and it kicks a$$) I have heard about some problems with wifi on the Inc but that is kind of hit and miss. The Inc does feel great in your hand and if the size is most important thing to you I don't think that you can go wrong with the Inc.

Upvote 0
I have the Rezound and the BH has the Incredible 4G. So I've played with both, and I actually like the size and feel of the Incredible 4G better. The battery definitely lasts longer than the standard Rezound battery. Reading text on the Incredible is proportionately smaller than on the Rezound, but it is sharp, so holding the screen a few inches closer makes it about the same. We camp in a Verizon extended area with distant towers, which drains the battery on both phones. I'll put the extended battery on my Rezound with the silicone case, and it is as bulky as a brick. But it's necessary to allow the Rezound to last 16 hours until it can be put on the charger overnight. The Incredible, with a standard battery, has no problem lasting 16 hours under the same conditions and approximately same usage. If for some reason my Rezound was damaged or lost, I would definitely replace it with the Incredible 4G.

Upvote 0
man I love my inc4g, I even have a Dev inc4g and another for s-off tesin ;), so yea, three inc4gs I have.
once it gets s-off the only thing rez has is the size in all areas, the thing is a brick compared to incc4g, a faster professor your ours is the same just under clocked for batt saving, which is my next point, the rez battery Sucks,
I just hit 5 hour screen on time on stock battery charge.

Upvote 0
man I love my inc4g, I even have a Dev inc4g and another for s-off tesin ;), so yea, three inc4gs I have.
once it gets s-off the only thing rez has is the size in all areas, the thing is a brick compared to incc4g, a faster professor your ours is the same just under clocked for batt saving, which is my next point, the rez battery Sucks,
I just hit 5 hour screen on time on stock battery charge.

It actually isn't the same processor at all (if that is what I'm seeing you said)

Upvote 0
I loved the size of my incredible as a phone, as a toy I think 4.3 is a sweet spot. since the rezound has become more book reader, music player etc than actual phone I wouldn't give up the speed for the new inc BUT if I needed an actual phone I'd take the smaller size...so for what it's worth I really wouldn't think twice about someone trading. I might think you were silly if it cost you an additional couple hundred bucks for what seems like a downgrade in memory and speed.

Upvote 0
I just purchased the Dinc4 this past week and have had about a month of part-time screentime with my wife's rezound.

I was a little bit worried about the screen size but have not found it to be an issue. Keyboard is a little bit more cramped but typing control is about the same.

I find that Dinc4 is much faster. Notification pull down menu is near instantaneous on the Dinc4 vs. the rezound, where there is a lag. Granted my phone is near brand new so who knows, it might start to lag in a month or two.

Side note-Gmail app on the rezound has failed to refresh lately so that is irritating. Still trying to get that worked out.

Upvote 0
It's not just the 8gb storage space that is smaller than the Rezound. The 4g has 1gb and the Rezound has 2gb of ram for app & data storage. I'm already over the DInc 4G limit on my Rezound. If I trimmed the fat and got rid of seldom used apps, I'd probably still be in a position that I would constantly have to manage storage when I wanted to try a new app.

Also, I like having the dedicated search capacitive button that's always available. I also like that the lock screen shortcuts are different from the bottom bar shortcuts... I believe I read that's not the case with Sense 4.0. Plus, I don't have to look at the menu bar with the 3 dots when in various apps.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I tried and returned an Incredible 4G and just got the DROID RAZR M. I'd recommend forgetting the Incredible and going with the RAZR M, if you are tired of the Rezound. The implementation of ICS on the Incredible was poor because, I think, it was designed for GB but had ICS shoehorned-in.

The RAZR M is smaller or the same in all dimensions as the Incredible and weighs less, but with a larger screen.

I really used to like HTC to the point that I could not stand Motorola or Samsungs, but they definately dropped the ball with their implementations of ICS on the Incredible and Rezound.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones