• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

transfer all files to new Eris from an old Eris?

banjo-guy

Lurker
Dec 10, 2009
I just replaced my Erls because of a hardware problem. Is there a way to transfer my settings,apps and screen set-ups to the replacement Eris? I would love to find a way to back up everything and just put all of those things in my new phone without having to do everything over.
If I have to it manually what do I do about the apps that I bought?

The apps you purchased should be tied to your gmail account and be available for download when you activate the new phone. If you back up the apps (for those that can be) and transfer them over, you won't get updates for them anymore as they are no longer considered market apps and aren't tied to the market anymore.

As for your settings, those you will have to set up again. I don't think there is a way to transfer them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones