• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tried to buy app, order cancelled, cant re-buy app?

I tried to buy an app the other day. I always try apps out, and do end up requesting a refund a lot if the app doesnt fit my needs. When I went to buy the app, it said the order went through, and started downloading. But then it just stopped in the middle of the download, and I got another email saying my credit card on file was expired, and the order was cancelled. I didnt know I had an old card on file, so I followed the link to add my new card to my account. I did so, and went back to repurchase the app, and it wouldnt let me buy it again, it said I already had an order pending. Today, I tried again, and it says that since I already bought the app, I cant get a refund this time. I dont want this, as I may need to refund it if I dont like it. And I never actually bought it the first time.

I contacted the dev through their site, and received an email saying they have no control over that, and I would have to contact google. I searched everywhere to find out how to contact google, but couldnt find anything. I found a ton of help pages, that all say to contact the dev, which I already did.

So does anyone know how to actually contact Google about this? I assume I need to contact somebody that works in the Market, but I'm not sure.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones