• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP 3.0.2.0 [SM-S920L ONLY]

edodson84

Android Expert
Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
6f4eee0dc4d2861d8962fa706ee77dd5.jpg

DISCLAIMER: By using this recovery, you agree that you are the only one responsible for anything good or bad that may occur. Use at your own risk.

Bugs:

1. Rebooting to recovery by anything but key combo will cause a recovery boot loop this is fixed by flashing ur backup stock recovery image and selecting reboot system... I am looking into this issue link to stock odin flashable flash in odin and reboot device normaly then u can flash back twrp if desired http://androidforums.com/threads/odin-stock-grand-prime-sm-s920l-recovery.1025644/
  2. Brightness doest work
  3. Time and date are wrong
TWRP version 3.0.2.0

Install IMG with flashify:
  1. Make sure your phone is rooted.
  2. Download twrp-3.0.2.0-gprimetrfvzw.img
  3. Install and run Flashify.
  4. Make sure you hit “Allow” when Superuser request window pops up when opening the Flashify app.
  5. Choose “Recovery image” for recovery images.
  6. Choose the file you want to install by selecting “Choose a file”.
  7. Choose one of your file explorer apps. If you don’t see any, download and install ES File Explorer
  8. Browse your storage and choose the IMG file you downloaded earlier.
  9. Choose “Yup”.
  10. Enjoy!

Odin flashable:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588212152304498

Last edited:
i gave it a little test drive this morning. successfully created a nandroid backup and then I did exactly what you said not to do . lol. took me a little bit , but I got it back up and running. I appreciate your work on this and a lot other people will too.
Yeah the reboot issue is weird not sure y it does that... Im thinking possibly a reboot binary issue but not sure

Upvote 0
Yeah the reboot issue is weird not sure y it does that... Im thinking possibly a reboot binary issue but not sure
Everything except for what you stated in the OP seems to be working. I just factory reset my phone and restoring my nandroid backup now to double check that. when you do a factory reset it reboots into recovery and gets stuck in the recovery loop also. this time only took a second to get back going. will let you know shortly.

EDIT : I did a full Nandroid backup. Factory reset phone( Had the recovery loop issue upon completion) . Restored Nandroid backup and everything is completely restored. Now I feel like a kid at Christmas !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, what I mean is that I got the right recovery for my model (SM-G360T) and I mean that both devices look the same
Ok so y should b posting in that devices section... Both devices hardware is virtually the same its the little differences but send me a copy of ur stock recovery and i will c what i can do... Is anyone else experiencing these issues???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones