• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP 3.0.2.0 [SM-S920L ONLY]

Added odin flashable to op

So I'm totally new at this and super confused. I'm trying to install twrp because I was told I needed it in order to get xposed framework. So far I have rooted using Kingo root. I have superuser, device control, and lucky patcher installed. I've attempted to install the packages for xposed without it and it was a no-go. Please help me, I'd love maybe a step by step or something like that. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Please refer to page 13 in xda. Google root sm-s920l and click the link for xda look to page 13 it will give the Odin flash able file that has been patched. Then after downloading turn phone off press volume down + home + power then at the next screen press volume up that is Odin mode. Download Odin to pc open Odin click AP button find the twrp file click open then in Odin click continue it will flash twrp. Then get the rooted stock system also on page 13 of xda and flash in Odin the same way then update supersu from play store if asked to remove king root click yes. You will be done.

Upvote 0
Please refer to page 13 in xda. Google root sm-s920l and click the link for xda look to page 13 it will give the Odin flash able file that has been patched. Then after downloading turn phone off press volume down + home + power then at the next screen press volume up that is Odin mode. Download Odin to pc open Odin click AP button find the twrp file click open then in Odin click continue it will flash twrp. Then get the rooted stock system also on page 13 of xda and flash in Odin the same way then update supersu from play store if asked to remove king root click yes. You will be done.

odin is not working for me. it isnt recognizing my phone. also, the rooted stock system would freeze up my entire computer when i'd try to unzip it.

Upvote 0
odin is not working for me. it isnt recognizing my phone. also, the rooted stock system would freeze up my entire computer when i'd try to unzip it.
Sounds like a computer problem to me and not an issue with the software or files. As for odin not recognizing your phone get samsung kies on your pc and install the drivers that's what I had to do. There is nothing wrong with the stock rooted system file if your computer is freezing it's not from the file everything worked fine for me and most everyone that used any of these files. Seems as though the only people having issues are not following instructions.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a computer problem to me and not an issue with the software or files. As for odin not recognizing your phone get samsung kies on your pc and install the drivers that's what I had to do. There is nothing wrong with the stock rooted system file if your computer is freezing it's not from the file everything worked fine for me and most everyone that used any of these files. Seems as though the only people having issues are not following instructions.
So i just used another computer and odin recognized my device but it failed when i tried flashing twrp. it said FAIL!(Auth)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the report i just got while trying to flash TWRP.
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> recovery.img
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

any ideas?

Upvote 0
This is the report i just got while trying to flash TWRP.
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> recovery.img
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

any ideas?
Don't know. Are you entering the file through the AP tab? If you have anti virus on your phone or computer try disabling it until the process has finished. Other than that I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones