• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unfortunately I can no longer support this as I don't have Nexus to test.

I tried also to install Whatsapp on my Nexus 7, using the procedure as described in the first posting. With the exception that I use WhatsApp v2.9.369 download from the Whatsapp website download section.

I get the same message as "arjman" that I have a "modified client", at the end of the procedure when I choice to call my number....so we are only two important steps away...how to get in fill in our activation code

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd share what I've found about installing WhatsApp on Nexus 7.

Much thanks to Astrix from nexustablets.net and StrangerWeather from xda-developers forums!!!

UPDATE, 12/02/12...Ok I've tried the lastest version (2.8.8588) of WhatsApp and I've notice it is now giving out 6 digits instead of 3 digit code. For now use this version, WhatsApp version 2.8.4776

***For those of you who already installed the lastest version of the Whatsapp, go ahead and unintall and install the v2.8.4776 above then redo step #2.***

Required apps:

A. Whatsapp apk (since it can't be download via Google Play store, download the apk from the link below.)

B. Appguard apk: SRT AppGuard (don't worry about the German, the app is in English. This also can be DL using your N7, but you'll have to click and hold the "Download der appguard.apk" and Save link as.)

1. Install WhatsApp, once installed, close the app without running it.

2. Install AppGuard
- Start up open/run appguard.
- Select "Secure a new app"
- Select "Whatsapp"
- Appguard will take you through 3-steps:
[*]scan and secure application
[*]Uninstall existing application
[*]Install secured application

Once the process is completed, within Appguard, you'll need to change Whatsapp Permissions by removing the setting for "Phone calls - read phone status and identity"

3. Download and install Bluestacks on your PC: BlueStacks App Player

4. Select "Messaging" and install WhatsApp on your PC.

5. Input your mobile number. You should get a text with the 3-digit verification code. Be patient, it can take few minutes.

6. Once you have your code, go back to your Nexus 7, run WhatsApp, press menu (3 dots on bottom right corner) then input the code.

And you're done!

Enjoy!

I know a much easier way. Enter your homephone number, and hit enter, it will try and text it, but it will not work. If you select, Text not received, it will call the number and an automated message will tell you your verification. Just pick up your homephone and listen for the number and enter! It's much easier

Upvote 0
Had the same problem with my nexus 10 (stuck at the last step).

But i found a solution !

Just install and config whatsapp on Bluestacks. (install, verify the account, all...)
Then save whatsapp application using TitaniumBackup
Copy the 3 "com.whatsapp..." files in /sdcard/TitaniumBackup/
Paste this tree files in /sdcard/TitaniumBackup on your phone
Restore the whatsapp app using TitaniumBackup

and that's it !

Hope you understand my english :p

Upvote 0
Had the same problem with my nexus 10 (stuck at the last step).

But i found a solution !

Just install and config whatsapp on Bluestacks. (install, verify the account, all...)
Then save whatsapp application using TitaniumBackup
Copy the 3 "com.whatsapp..." files in /sdcard/TitaniumBackup/
Paste this tree files in /sdcard/TitaniumBackup on your phone
Restore the whatsapp app using TitaniumBackup

and that's it !

Hope you understand my english :p

I wanna know that do we need to ROOT our tab?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones