• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unofficial CyanogenMod 12 for LG L70 D320 D320n D325

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it works when its booted in android

Try step 2, it works for me. (just search adb interface, it should work too)
I have successfully installed it on my LG L70 D320n with CM12 (I have Factory reset my phone using LG Flash Tool 2 times, meaning download mode, root and boot unlock all again from stock.) But here is what I have learned from experience.

prerequisites :LG Drivers, Java (both standard and Development 32 bit even if on 64bit Windows OS), ADB, fastboot and drivers (newest v1.4.2) from here"http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979" (remember to install drivers with it), and most importantly CM12 Rom installed with PhilZ recovery (recommended).

Step 1 : after you have all the requirements enable Android Debugging in Smartphone and plug into Computer.

Step 2 : goto My Computer, System Properties, Device manager, expand the first "Android Device tap", right click whats expanded (under it), click "update drivers", "browse my computer for drivers", "Let me pick......" at bottom of window, unselect "show compatible hardware", then chose "Google, Inc." as manufacturer and "Android ADB Interface" as model.click next, yes and done.

Step3 : Reboot to recovery, make backup, make sure USB storage is not mounted, run the CM12 script.

Step 4 : After the script has successfully installed, you will see that Cache, and data won't be mounting, next go to PhilZ, "Wipe and format", click "wipe User Media", and then "Custom format Options", "format /data and /data/media". then you will be able to mount cache and data. (this is why I have recommended PhilZ recovery as it has advanced format options)

Step 5 : Then take your usual steps to wipe, format, restore or install cm12.

Enjoy, hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably not :/
How did L90 get it? People thought it wasn't going to get it also...

L70's community is just as great to make CM official...

EDIT: We can't. Every variant has to be stable (with almost) no bugs. And with Ms323's case. That isn't going to work for them.

Source: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_Submitting_A_Port

Quoted:
"
  • Full hardware support -- Everything-- every peripheral, every wireless feature-- that is supported by stock *must* be supported by CyanogenMod. Any exceptions will be per device (case-by-case) and must be detailed in full.
  • Stability -- Nothing should crash. Ever. CyanogenMod has a reputation for stability and your port must be rock-solid. This means no "sleep of deaths" either."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How did L90 get it? People thought it wasn't going to get it also...

L70's community is just as great to make CM official...

EDIT: We can't. Every variant has to be stable (with almost) no bugs. And with Ms323's case. That isn't going to work for them.

Source: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_Submitting_A_Port

Quoted:
"
  • Full hardware support -- Everything-- every peripheral, every wireless feature-- that is supported by stock *must* be supported by CyanogenMod. Any exceptions will be per device (case-by-case) and must be detailed in full.
  • Stability -- Nothing should crash. Ever. CyanogenMod has a reputation for stability and your port must be rock-solid. This means no "sleep of deaths" either."
I have ms323 and never get the system ui fc But I updated to c then back to b unlocked bootloader flashed recovery to laf and flashed every cm12 with not one fc.

Reactions: ledosladoledi
Upvote 0
So, if it will be never official... Why don't you add some 'homemade' features, @vm03 , for us to have a more-cool CyanogenMod ? :))

You said on this topic's first pages (Page 20 or something) that you don't add SmartCover's Features (Screens Attached before) because you want just to port this ROM, and original phone's features will be added by the CM Team after it will become official... And @LitrosNub says that all the original phone features should work for the ROM to be official.

If the ROM will be never official, let's make it much more cool than an Official One!!

Screenshots made on original L70's (D320n) ROM with an original SmartCover.

Can't you just get all the Smart Screens from the original ROM and edit them a bit for Lollipop ? It will be so awesome! <3

Third Screen: Screenshot took while using Smart Screen's Camera.

Fifth Screen: Screenshot took while UnLocking the Smart Screen.

Last Screen: Turn Off Message.

LG G3 have on Settings an special Menu 'Smart Cover Options' or something like that... It's so cool...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-31-21-03-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-31-21-03-52.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_2015-02-01-14-05-01.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-14-05-01.png
    181.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_2015-01-31-19-36-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-31-19-36-19.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2015-02-06-14-42-41.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-06-14-42-41.png
    267 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2015-02-01-15-18-23.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-15-18-23.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2015-01-31-19-36-47.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-31-19-36-47.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2015-01-31-19-36-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-31-19-36-33.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_2015-01-31-19-36-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-31-19-36-40.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2015-02-01-14-18-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-01-14-18-29.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Reactions: Orionhilles
Upvote 0
So, if it will be never official... Why don't you add some 'homemade' features, @vm03 , for us to have a more-cool CyanogenMod ? :))

You said on this topic's first pages (Page 20 or something) that you don't add SmartCover's Features (Screens Attached before) because you want just to port this ROM, and original phone's features will be added by the CM Team after it will become official... And @LitrosNub says that all the original phone features should work for the ROM to be official.

If the ROM will be never official, let's make it much more cool than an Official One!!

Can't you just get all the Smart Screens from the original ROM and edit them a bit for Lollipop ? It will be so awesome! <3

LG G3 have on Settings an special Menu 'Smart Cover Options' or something like that... It's so cool...
Then it won't be 'Cyanogenmod', Cyanogenmod was never that. That's what new roms are for. Maybe someone can help you develop your own rom with it's own features. And also, once we send VM03 that ms323. Might as well consider it official once he irons out the bugs.

Upvote 0
Man, It's pretty amazing how L90 is now an official Cyanogenmod Supported Device...

Maybe L70 next? :D

(Not listed on the CyanogenMod wiki, but it's supported by Cyanogen.)

Link (codename w7: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=w7)
L90 is official about three months. But it makes only one man - Quarx. If I make an effort to make it official, i get only one plus, I will not have to spend resources to build and ota server.

Upvote 0

If you can, DO IT. I can't. I think CM team will very pleased to accept your code. CM11 have simple smartwindow support, but it not ported to 12. If you write more functional smartwindow code, it will be a great contribution. If you can't write, but very want it, pay to those who can (repeat, i can't, but can find who write if you pay).

Upvote 0
I see many tips on how to make. But I NOT see even simple pull request on my github. But it opensource, you wnat - you do it!

I see many ask about camera on MS323. But no one can't send to me only $15 pricing phone. If i could buy it for $15 in my country, i do it, this small amount of money, but i can't buy from metroPSC. And in my country version of l70 costs $150.

Upvote 0
I see many tips on how to make. But I NOT see even simple pull request on my github. But it opensource, you wnat - you do it!

I see many ask about camera on MS323. But no one can't send to me only $15 pricing phone. If i could buy it for $15 in my country, i do it, this small amount of money, but i can't buy from metroPSC. And in my country version of l70 costs $150.
My deepest of appologies vm.

Upvote 0
I said it before on this thread, and I'll say it again:
Difference between official/unofficial tag in case of ALL our roms are just that, a different tag. We're not lacking ANY CM/PAC/Slim features.

I just recently started porting roms, and I know how exhausting that job can be. vm is way ahead of me with all his bugfixing and feature porting, but nonetheless. We are always pleading to finally send ms323 to him but it appears as no one cares. I was also willing to give my donations to that cause, and no one stepped up to support (btw only one guy here offered a donation to me. I guess it's the same case with vm).

One more thing: vm03, thanks for all the knowledge you have passed to me, either directly or indirectly!

Upvote 0
Man! You are also no less because you are the person with variety without you we would have been stuck in OnlY CM 11/CM12!
And Vm is GOD! <3 Plz keep the good work going! and apoligies for the folish questions at firsT!
:D
I said it before on this thread, and I'll say it again:
Difference between official/unofficial tag in case of ALL our roms are just that, a different tag. We're not lacking ANY CM/PAC/Slim features.

I just recently started porting roms, and I know how exhausting that job can be. vm is way ahead of me with all his bugfixing and feature porting, but nonetheless. We are always pleading to finally send ms323 to him but it appears as no one cares. I was also willing to give my donations to that cause, and no one stepped up to support (btw only one guy here offered a donation to me. I guess it's the same case with vm).

One more thing: vm03, thanks for all the knowledge you have passed to me, either directly or indirectly!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones