• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Use phone for Alarm Clock AND Bump charge??

JSS12

Android Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2010
New York City, NY
Hey all,

I use my phone for my alarm clock, but from the time I wake up until I leave my apartment there is not enough time for me to do a full bump charge.

Is there any way for me to turn the phone off when I go to bed, and have a way for the phone to turn itself on 10 minutes before the alarm goes off?

I already looked in a Tasker thread and people there didn't think Tasker was the solution. Is there another way?

Thanks!

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" haha

Hospitals drug test their employees... I also do not drink coffee - but that is a personal preference

Airplane mode? I sleep about 6 hours a night and if my battery is low/no charger nearby, I throw it in airplane mode and only lose about .5%/hour

Obviously airplane mode is not the same as having the phone off.. but will airplane mode allow me to bump faster? Or have a better charge when I unplug?

Upvote 0
will turn the phone off, but you still have to manual turn on the phone once the timer runs juice through the plug.

It will neither turn the phone off nor on...it's not supposed to. You can also bump charge by unplugging the phone for a while, letting it drain a few percent and then charging it up again. That's what the timer will do.

Upvote 0
Try using Hibernate from Android Market. I use it when I want to use the alarm clock, and it shuts off everything except the alarm clock, puts it in airplane mode, etc. This is the closest thing to shutting down your phone and having it turn back on just for your alarm. Battery drain is minimal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones