• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon pre-order questions

Upvote 0
That's gonna fry the CEO bad, since he just came out against unlimited in a BIG way. I expect the company to employ any and every means possible to end unlimited for everybody. All that much more intensely.

I don't see what more they can do except offer incentives like the Verizon Max deals to Unlimited users. In any case, now many are on for another 2 years, so we'll see around that time what they come up with.

Upvote 0
That's gonna fry the CEO bad, since he just came out against unlimited in a BIG way. I expect the company to employ any and every means possible to end unlimited for everybody. All that much more intensely.

Not at all

All he said was that unlimited plans arent sustainable because they hog too much bandwith

It wasnt like he came out and said something like people on unlimited plans ruin the experience for everyone and hurt the whole network or something

Upvote 0
I don't see what more they can do except offer incentives like the Verizon Max deals to Unlimited users. In any case, now many are on for another 2 years, so we'll see around that time what they come up with.

Sounds like 5g could make everyone on the current unlimited plan jump ship, if its as much of an upgrade as it sounds like it could be.

Im still on 3g (luckily got in my unlimited plan on this promo) so ill be excited enough with 4g

Upvote 0
Not at all

All he said was that unlimited plans arent sustainable because they hog too much bandwith

It wasnt like he came out and said something like people on unlimited plans ruin the experience for everyone and hurt the whole network or something

I understand what he said, DCM, but please understand that his VPs and executives also heard what he was IMPLYING. Anyone left with unlimited data is a $$$ burden on the corporation, and basically taking money out of the pockets of his stockholders. We need to all be on a tiered data plan just a fast as legally possible. That's what "unsustainable" implies to them.

And that's why I suggested that the company will dangle carrots at us to get off unlimited. EDGE is the first carrot. They may get sweeter and sweeter, or the corporation may just skip the sweet stuff and go straight to "your plan ENDS this date".

They'll absorb the ETFs and cancellations at once and then CEO is happy because everyone left is on tiered. And they'll make all that money back several times over in data charges.

My 0.02 :)

Upvote 0
Man oh man!

So I read on Droid-Life that Verizon is honoring those unlimited upgrades. And I have to admit my blood boiled a bit. I could have sworn they were up to no good.

But I called customer care and told them that I had canceled the upgrade because a CSR told me it would not be honored, and now it is being honored, and I would like to reinstate my upgrade.

After checking my account to make sure that I had ordered it within the glitch time frame, he told me to go ahead and re-order the phone as an upgrade, accept the 2GB plan, and when I call to activate it, to tell them what happened and to check my account. He made a notation on the account explaining the whole story. He was 100% sure that my unlimited data would be reinstated. He just said to not delete the email confirmation from the first upgrade.

So yes, I'm stuck on another contract with these idiots, but at least I saved $400.

:D

And BTW, my micro SD card arrived! It's so tiny! Like a little adorable baby.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
This is my first time in a long time ordering anything. Do they use a standard shipper like FedEx or UPS. Or does it depend on the area. The reason I ask is UPS is great delivering to my apartment office, FedEx not so much. I was thinking of canceling my preorder just to ensure I get it in my hand. Or maybe changing the delivery address to my work. Just in case. Or maybe to a Verizon store if they do that.

Upvote 0
Dammit...I missed the glitch! I gave up my unlimited plan just last week to preorder the Note 3. I'll now share a 4g plan with my wife and pay more than what I was paying for a 2g + unlimited plan with 700 shared minutes.

We will now have 2 very good phones (S3 and Note 3) that should last long enough to dump VZW when our contact is up.

Upvote 0
I thought the glitch with keeping the unlimited data is only valid for people who actually activated their phones over the weekend and signed into a new 2 year contract.
The ones that ordered and still waiting for the phone should not be able to keep the unlimited since the contract has not been signed yet by activation of the device?

I could be wrong but just be careful; worse case, just return the phone.

Upvote 0
Are Verizion phones definitely shipping on the 10th ?

Or expected to arrive by the 10th ?

Or, I remember reading a while ago that Verizion stated their phones would be released "by" the 10th, which means earlier than the 10th is possible ?

Just trying to get a general idea, of what the latest news is thanks !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones