• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [VIDEO GUIDE] Test Mode/No service fix (# to Hidden Menu)

We all here to help each other so tell the forum what you did to fix this problem.

No I have not fixed it yet just wondering if anyone has come across it and if so how did they fix it, lol please someone, I am still with out phone or text service.

P.S. Brainz2013 i uninstalled all framework and still it looked the same installing framework 4.5 right now to see if any difference.

Upvote 0
No I have not fixed it yet just wondering if anyone has come across it and if so how did they fix it, lol please someone, I am still with out phone or text service.

P.S. Brainz2013 i uninstalled all framework and still it looked the same installing framework 4.5 right now to see if any difference.
What security do you have on your pc

Upvote 0
hey could someone please help??

I installed everything step by step and when i go to open up LG TEST MORE REPAIR i get and error " LG Test Mode Repair has encountered a problem and needs to close"

i have .net framework updated to 4.0 running on xp

has anyone else encountered this problem??

I think the problem has been addressed previously. Search back through the recent posts.

Reactions: DeathToFlesh
Upvote 0
Extract the exe. Phone in debug and internet connection. Plug in phone. Select correct com. Run program. You'll know if it does it right your phone well reboot.

That's all there is too it. Everyone says that part is the easiest which it is. Take your time and follow the directions carefully.[/QUOTE:cheers:]

Thanks a million fuzzy! Found it! Thanks for posting the guide for us noobs that couldn't do it on our own lol.. Much appreciated!

Upvote 0
Is your phone / device attached while your opening the lgpnst :what: if so remove usb from pc and try again if not did you turn off uac control .

My phone is connected... But its not the lgpnst thats giving thee error, its thee test mode repair tool that's not opening up/installing. Yes i have thee uac turned off. I'm going to uninstall & re-install & go through the whole motion again just to double check to see of i did accidentally missed a step. Thanks for everyones help.

Upvote 0
O ok you didn't explain that part . You need to disable the the uac and your security . Cause something in the security wont allow you to even upload the file from zip file . My Norton virus say Trojan and something else took it off fix the device and put back on . Did scans and computer was safe .

I reinstalled everything, turned off uac in the registry editor, have firewall and antiviruses off, phone in debugging and on internet connection... and im still getting the same error when i try and open the "TEST MODE REPAIR .EXE" i dont know what is going on here.. im running xp pro on a dell vostro laptop.. im going to read through the forum and see if there has been any others with thee same problem.. my drivers are all installed correctly, because im coming up on com7 port in the device manager.. pretty strange.. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

could the "can not change usb mode in test mode" message that pops up on my phone when i plug it in to the laptop be thee cause of thee "

i just went back through and was double checking that i had thee UAC off.. went through the steps again and when i got to the last part where i check "RESET PERMISSIONS ON ALL CHILD OBJECTS AND ENABLE PROPAGATION OF INHERITABLE PERMISSIONS" after i clicked apply then ok, ok, thee box became unchecked.. did it a few times and it unchecked everytime... im wondering if that is the reason thee error keeps occurring?? thats the only two things i could think of why i would be getting thee error....

Upvote 0
well still no luck with getting the test mode repair .exe to open up still getting the "program has encountered a problem and needs to close" error before it even opens..

ive tried the following with no success, running the MSCONFIG and disabling all startup software so that way the only thing that starts up is the bare essentuals that windows needs to function properly..

its pretty strange that with everything on the pc disabled and with the latest .net framework installed this thing still wont open up for me..

clueless....?

Upvote 0
Fuzzy13

Hey Man...
Im a REAL nooB,
My Esteem went into test mode...didnt know what the hell was going on so i googled it...luckily after searchin for awhile I found your post.
LMAO, it only took me five hours, but...My shit is back running normally!!!

Hell Yeah Dude!!! You are the Best!!!

Thanks alot...with out your help I would have bee screwed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones