• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin Mobile and Froyo

They are currently out of stock as im waiting on a brand new replacement to be sent.

If this is false info they have given me again they are breaking my contract of service....virgin are muppets really!! They better bring this out soon

you might be lucky to get a replacement from them,,,,
the day i phoned them they had removed the galaxy that morning and i could only get a desire from telesales. the shops stoped a week after. few weeks ago the same happened with the desire. so all they will give out is replacement refurbished stock witch is in high demand...
keep ur fingers crosed m8

Upvote 0
finaly got the nerve up last night to root my phone...
a couple of the instructions had me fazed for a bit but got it sortied :eek:
just need to set it back up the way i want it and all will be smelling of roses..

figured that it may be months before virgin release froyo as there after sales
care leaves a lot to be desired :(
there quick enough with promises but slow on delivary and worse on giving
out correct info :mad:

i wouldent rely on them releasing it anytime soon and if the mess it up like
o2 and orange did with the desire froyo then i wouldent think they will be
any quicker at fixing it :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Just an update on this whether its true or not...I spoke to Virgin at the weekend the guy I spoke to made it clear that Virgin will not be releasing the 2.2 update due to T Mobile not releasing it either on there network!!

I explained that there is some guy on there twitter page, who I referred to as god as he knew everything lol...but if one guy is saying one thing and someone else saying another ??

Im getting sick of there constant lies and bull to paying customers haa

Upvote 0
I have a Desire on Virgin Mobile , I also work for Virgin Media....

A contact i have tells me that the Desire and Galaxy S have been Pulled from the website due to supply, not because they have dropped the devices..

He confirms that 2.2 is in testing but there are no dates available for release..

I have rooted my Desire using the Unrevoked3 method and been running THIS Rom now for about 3 weeks, it's as close to stock Froyo as you can get and also has optional mods you can apply, the member of XDA that released the Rom gives fantastic support and regular updates.

Read on XDAForums for all you need to root your desire....

I was unsure if i should root my Desire or not , now i would say to anyone do it , you wont regret it....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones