• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vodafone HTC Magic gets 2.2.1 FOTA update

Is there something different in the phone specs? However ours can run 2.2 without problems except for that damn radio and the cutoffs from the unrelated 911 fiasco.
The other difference is that nearly everyone here does the contract phone and Euros tend to go for buying it outright to get lower usage costs.
We can have Froyo too but you have to do it yourself. ;)

Upvote 0
I pointed this out to RogersMary, but as you can see in my exchange with HTC, they have no intention of giving us 2.2. We're just not worth it.

I Want My One Point Six - Demanding Android 1.6 for our Rogers HTC Magic & Dream, and LG Eve Phones

Yeah, I don't expect any more updates or even fixes to things such as the Dream radio. Abandoned like so much garbage, just buy again they want.

They could all gain respect if they simply released drivers or whatever is missing so that the private devs can finally get a new radio 2.2 working 100%. It is amazing how well it works with the old radio (so much better than the official 2.1) however due to the 911 nonsense we have other issues with the radio.

Upvote 0
It's interesting, though, that since the whole Rogers/HTC thing resolved, Rogers hasn't carried another HTC Android device!

Of course, Mary will neither confirm, nor deny whether or not Roger's relationship with HTC was damaged by all the Android mishaps.

It certainly damaged *my* relationship with both of them. And we're the more important concern. Someday they'll realize that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones