• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[VS740][LG Ally] How-To: Flash Stock LG Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might still have clockwork installed. On power up, try pressing and holding either Vol Up+Home+End/Power and letting go on lg screen and if that doesnt do anything try turning off and pressing and holding Send+Menu+End and letting go on lg screen. Let me know how that goes. if nothing i will be home around 3pm my time (Central) and its 11:52 now. and i can help more via teamviewer

Upvote 0
Hi death2all110... I'm new here but have been lurking for a while now. I have a question about my ally that I hope you can help me with...
I was an idiot and deleted google talk after I installed universal androot and titanium backup, and lost the ability to dowload stuff from the market...
So after some research(which I should have done before messed with anything) I followed your intructions to flash my ally back to version 6 and that all worked great, or so it seemed...
After a few days it still hadn't ota updated to v8 so I tried a hard reset but all it does is go to a blue screen with this written up top:

Fastboot mode started
Udc_start()

I have to do a battery pull to get out of that screen, then when I power it on again its as if I didn't try to hard reset it at all?
Any ideas?
Thanks, travis

Upvote 0
Do I have to flash back to V6 if my phone came with V8 to get the VB OTA. (Wow, if I didn't know what I was talking about that would sound like garble!)

In other words, can I skip the flash to V6 somehow and go straight to VZB?

Thanks for all help in advance!!!!

If your phone came with v8 you should have gotten an OTA update by now for VZB.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, I should have clarified. Sometimes I think people can read my mind :eek:)

Anyway, I did get the OTA pushed to my phone and I said yes to the update. My phone restarted and that was that. Nothing else and SW version is still 8. LG Pro says they are working on a manual update for version 9 users and "hopefully" rooted users but I don't want to hold by breath for that.

I figured if I could un-root or go back to my factory settings then I might be able to get another push or get the update manually through System Update??

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, I should have clarified. Sometimes I think people can read my mind :eek:)

Anyway, I did get the OTA pushed to my phone and I said yes to the update. My phone restarted and that was that. Nothing else and SW version is still 8. LG Pro says they are working on a manual update for version 9 users and "hopefully" rooted users but I don't want to hold by breath for that.

I figured if I could un-root or go back to my factory settings then I might be able to get another push or get the update manually through System Update??

Thanks again!

Have you tried typing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* on the dialpad to see if the update is pushed again.

If not and you really want the update use this guide to flash back to v6 to see if you get the OTA.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I did checkin which said it was successful but still no OTA or manual. I will use the flash guide to go to v6. I saw in early posts that some people were have to manually update to v8 since this new update. Do you know, by chance, if that's still the case?

That's what im un-sure of. Once your back on v6 im not sure if you will get an OTA for v8 first, then once you upgrade an OTA for VZB or just an OTA for VZB.

Upvote 0
Woah, before I read the thread about V6 I thought "I'm doing something tonight, regardless" so I backed everything up and did a factory reset through the Settings Menu. While I was posting it was resetting and syncing with my Google account. After I saw that was finished I decided to try the System Update thing and it was already halfway downloaded!!! Woo Hoo!

Now I'm waiting on it to finish downloading and then I will post an update for everyone!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones