• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Want to use UD 8.0?

Jcarmicha

Jun 17, 2010
I'm looking to flash the most current version of Ultimate Droid but all I find in Rom Manager are:

Ultimate Droid Froyo Beta
Ultimate Droid New Era 1.0
Ultimate Droid V10
Ultimate Droid V10 (Different theme
Ultimate Droid V9.8.0

I assume the last is the most recent that I want to flash?

Alternate is here:

BlackdroidMod -> Download Manager -> Motorola Droid -> Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0 - Motorola Droid
Happy flashing. MAKE A BACKUP FIRST! You will be very pleased with this ROM I think. I know I am.

So it's unavailable to download through Rom Manager? I'll have to download to SD and install through there? Same with the theme I choose?

I hope I am happy with it. I'm very unhappy with my Cyanogen - I drop calls constantly.. am finding myself recently with people calling me and going straight to my voice mail. Frustrating.

Upvote 0
Make sure you also download the BlueTooth Voice Dailer update.zip and install that after the UD8 ROM. It fixes BT voice dial.

Here it is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6791544/voicedialer-update.zip

Will do.
Also looking for something Purple/Pink/Yellow to use as a theme for my GF's droid.. anything coming to your guy's minds?

Would love to have something that has Facebook themed also as she used that quite often :)

Purple Passion Theme - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

[Release] New Theme - PINK-LIFE - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

She likes the Pink one - Which would honestly be the easiest I imagine since it's through Lithium and that seems like a rather easy rom to start with.

Upvote 0
So this will be my first time to actually swap from a Rom so let me ask just to make sure I have everything down:

1. First I'll make a back-up of my current rom (I did a Backup and a Nandroid - Not sure on the difference but better safe than sorry).

2. Since I can't download UD8 through Rom Manager I'd be forced to boot into recovery and wipe date / cache (I would assume this makes me Lose Rom Manager..?) So then I'll be forced to Redownload it. Once Redownloaded Flash a new clockwork recovery?

3. Connect USB / Download UD8 / Watermark'd for it since that'll be the theme that I use.

4. Install rom from SD card and I'm set?

More or less I'm worried about step 2.

Upvote 0
After you wipe and install UD8, you will sign into your Google account and your apps will repopulate the phone. I only had a couple of apps that I had to manually reinstall.

You shouldn't lose recovery if you're loading a new ROM. Recovery (x+power) is where you will wipe and install the ROM. Installation should have no effect on Recovery.

Otherwise, you're on the right track! Nandroid and backup are the same thing. Just make sure you Backup just before switching ROMs to make sure you have an up-to-the-second snapshot of the phone's state.

I can't help you with the theme as I don't theme my phone at all.

You're gonna LOVE this ROM! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones