• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird screen response (or lack of)

FrankTheTank

Nov 7, 2009
I'm getting used to the touch screen but it doesn't half stress me at times. (My fat Lincolnshire sausage fingers certainly don't help)

I often struggle with the keys on the edge of the screen. I don't know why that would be. Oh, and the most strange phenomenon is when a left hand finger, despite trying repeatedly, fails to click a button so I try my right hand and it works first time (or vice versa). Anyone else find this or should I book myself in at the lunatic asylum?

I'm getting used to the touch screen but it doesn't half stress me at times. (My fat Lincolnshire sausage fingers certainly don't help)

I often struggle with the keys on the edge of the screen. I don't know why that would be. Oh, and the most strange phenomenon is when a left hand finger, despite trying repeatedly, fails to click a button so I try my right hand and it works first time (or vice versa). Anyone else find this or should I book myself in at the lunatic asylum?

It's to do with the angle of yoru finger. You actually touching the screen with the bit just below the tip of your finger without realising it, so your tapping furthur away from the button than you think. Try holding your finger more perpendicular (90 degrees) to the screen and tapping and see if you notice a differant. It's just a learning curve :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones