• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What features do you want on the Evo 2?

And I thought the Evo crowd were a forward-thinking group...bah!

The new Evo should be a wrist mounted device with a tactile holographic display projector. When activated it projects a display just above the palm the wrist unit is attached to with size being adjustable to the users preference. A secondary top mounted projector would take over main screen duties when the lower projects a keyboard in a desktop fashion.

Phone calls are handled by a sub-dermal transducer placed directly behind the ear (this will be performed by a nurse-practitioner at your local Sprint store) that uses a Deep Bluetooth transmitter to communicate with the wrist unit. As an upgrade, you can opt for the full surround transducer and a rumble pack that will be placed at the base of your spine.

The phone specs would be, of course, mind boggling. Start with a 1 tera-hertz 16 core processor, 128gb ram, 100tb storage, 3840x2160P 960hz display capability and the much awaited Android AI operating system!

Power would not be an issue since it will run on an anti-matter reactor (non-user replaceable due to total annihilation issues), or for the eco-friendly a solar panel you can wear on your head and a hand crank generator for night use.

There would be government/military only options such as gps based teleporter, defensive microwave projector, particle beam weaponry and a coffee maker.

Now, since Steve "Whiney Baby" Jobs and Apple have already invented all of this and more I think I will retire and enjoy the rest of my sleep deprived hallucinations...

Upvote 0
htc hasn't really been much on a second version of a phone, so the successor probably wont be the evo2. However, i would think by next spring rumors of the replacement will be in full swing. Smartphones have a pretty short lifespan, when it comes to being marketable. What's hot today, isn't so much so a few months later.

A prime example, although not a htc phone, is the droid. The droid 2 is its replacement around 9 months after its introduction.

tp2, hd2

Upvote 0
HTC hasn't really been much on a second version of a phone, so the successor probably wont be the Evo2. However, I would think by next spring rumors of the replacement will be in full swing. Smartphones have a pretty short lifespan, when it comes to being marketable. What's hot today, isn't so much so a few months later.

A prime example, although not a HTC phone, is the Droid. The Droid 2 is its replacement around 9 months after its introduction.

Except the Touch Pro II and the HD2. Am I missing any others?

Upvote 0
Don't forget the embedded pico projector and DLNA and 128 GB standard, with EDVO, GSM, WiMAX and LTE (yeah - I like to roam everywhere).

Give me that stuff in addition to the list you guys have (uh, skip the physical keyboard, thx) and I'll be pretty happy.

Actually, by the time you read this you'll notice that there's a rumor on the web that that describes the EVO 3 or later but they're going to use a different name because EVO 3 4G sounds funny and is confusing. So the EVO 2 is really going to be called the BEVO 4G and the one I'm describing is going to be called the FEVO 4G - we'll have to see what the C and D revisions will bring, but I hear the D version will be totally retro.

Oh - the lithium air batteries are coming, so you can forget being underpowered.

PS - Here's the link to the rumor site - FEVO 4G Coming Soon!

Funny Guy :D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I'm guessing it'll be daul-core and maybe more ram?

One would hope. While all of us could eligible by mid 2011, I personally wouldn't really see a reason to upgrade unless there's some drastic upgrades to the Evo. A phone built like this would make me upgrade:

Dual Core 1.5 ghz Snapdragon processor
2 GB RAM
32 GB Solid State Hard Drive (Max 64 GB w/ Micro SD)
12 Mega-pixel Camera (w/ dual LED flash) capable of shooting 1080p video
3 microphones (Droid X/iPhone 4 style)
Android 3.0+
Upgraded Sense UI
4.3 display with 326dpi resolution
Dual high fidelity external speakers for multimedia
Kickstand
4000+ mAh battery

Reactions: EleventhHour2139
Upvote 0
Christopher:

A couple of points to make with respect to your wish list.

An SSD of any capacity adds dramatically to the cost and the additional battery draw from the supporting chips makes this unrealistic. Even the smallest SSD d rives on mini PCI-e are way too big for a phone.

I would suggest they change over to the sd xc interface which allows for capacities up to 2TB and throughput in the 300 MB/second range.

Reactions: GratefulEnergy
Upvote 0
Alan:

Assuming no breakthroughs in battery technology are in the pipeline, the battery would need to be about 2-3x the size of the current battery.

I wonder if they could learn some techniques from apple ... If you've seen the tear downs the interior of the iphone is largely taken up by battery.

Smaller phone and non-replaceable (without great hassle) battery.

Let's be careful what we wish for.

Reactions: Misbehavin'
Upvote 0
All right here is my EVO 2 wish list.

HD Radio
1080p recording.
DTV tuner
12mp camera with optical zoom.
Super Amoled screen with Higher res display
DLNA
32gb of internal storage
1gb or rom and ram
1.5ghz dual core processor
Nano cell battery (wishful thinking)
Solid aluminum casing
built in laser pointer.
gorilla glass screen
Gingerbread
HDMI out with 8.1 surround sound support.

Upvote 0
You totally missed the pico projector.

And as 1080p is merely about 2 MP, tell me again why you want a 12 MP camera?

Where's the lens spec? How about a Proxar, or a Zeiss or a Schneider?

And where's the full adjustment, with gamma on that SAMOLED?

And what's with the solid aluminum body? Don't we want to overthrow Apple and get the liquid metal that's coming (that they snarfed up in a slick acquistion)?

The dual batteries with hot swap? The externally available SD card?

And - and this is important - EVO 2? The EVO 2 4G?

Upvote 0

And what's with the solid aluminum body? Don't we want to overthrow Apple and get the liquid metal that's coming (that they snarfed up in a slick acquistion)?

Sounds good

Dont have a need for it but why not.

I like to cut and crop my pics. The more pixels the less pixelated they get.

How about a DSLR quality lens with interchangable lens, so I can pop on a telephoto lens with some nice filters. JK

Sounds good.

Externally removable SD card

Hell yeah!

And - and this is important - EVO 2? The EVO 2 4G

Excuse me HTC EVO 2 4G :)

Upvote 0

12 MP = bigger print capability. 2 MP only gives a 4x6 print, 12 gets 16x24.

Zeiss, Nikkor or Leica Vari-Lux would be my choices. Of course, my previous design would have holographic imaging.

Again, tactile holographic projection. Barring that, we need SHD!

Liquid Metal? Hmmmm...

Dual batteries and external SD are a must.

Evo 2 4G.

On edit: OK Early, how did this show up before your post when it was a response to it?!?!?!

Upvote 0

I like to cut and crop my pics. The more pixels the less pixelated they get.

How about a DSLR quality lens with interchangable lens, so I can pop on a telephoto lens with some nice filters. JK

ZOMGZ!!1! PONIES!1!!

You've just cracked the case.

We do not want built-in cameras at all.

What we really want is a standardized plug to the motherboard.

You snap on your sensor/lens assembly of choice.

The phone comes with the same stuff we have now, as a snap on - and comes with a socket cover, so for those cases where so desired, you don't even need a lens to scratch on the back, you pop off the cheapie and put the cover on.

When you need to seriously shoot, you pop on the high fidelity sensor complete with a Nikon or Canon or other popular mount and then fit whatever lens you want.

Naturally, the pro sensor body also has an articulation for a tripod mount.

Thanks, ARR22 - I just knew there was something missing from the BEVO Z5G lineup and now we know.

Mark my words - one day, a cell WILL be made with exactly this sort of camera arrangement.

Upvote 0
One would hope. While all of us could eligible by mid 2011, I personally wouldn't really see a reason to upgrade unless there's some drastic upgrades to the Evo. A phone built like this would make me upgrade:

Dual Core 1.5 ghz Snapdragon processor

2 GB RAM
32 GB Solid State Hard Drive (Max 64 GB w/ Micro SD)
12 Mega-pixel Camera (w/ dual LED flash) capable of shooting 1080p video
3 microphones (Droid X/iPhone 4 style)
Android 3.0+
Upgraded Sense UI
4.3 display with 326dpi resolution
Dual high fidelity external speakers for multimedia
Kickstand
4000+ mAh battery

You barely kept me until the 4000+ battery when I took a dive to the floor....LOL....:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones