• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What To Use With Android For Syncing With Itunes???

kblanco

Feb 2, 2015
Okay, so here's my problem... I've been using Android for several years now and am invested in keeping Android. Got nothing per-say against Apple, I just don't care for the IPhone. However years ago, before I had my first Android, my brother who's invested in the Apple way of life game me an IPod Touch. Therefore I began using ITunes, bought music through my then IPod Touch and ripped all my CD's putting both into ITunes.

Now however since I've gone Android it's been difficult to find working music management software that will allow my Android device and my ITunes to exchange music. I was using a program called SnapPea which can be found in the Google Play Store (at least it was there, its disappeared). But it was a life saver in that it allowed my device to communicate with my PC for pics, music, videos, contacts, texts and whatever else. Well SnapPea was working fine when I had a ZTE Score M and ZTE Overture. I accidently cooked my Overture (don't ask, it's a story I'm not proud of...), and replaced it with a Moto G which I really-really like.

Well one of the first things I did was to put SnapPea on the Moto G, then when I synced the Moto G to my laptop I noticed my Moto G started installing PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs)! I was horrified thinking I had downloaded malware or a virus but my malware detector and anti-viral program checked out my phone and their companions on my laptop checked out my laptop and both came back okay. I reconnected and sync'd again and again PUP's installed themselves. That's when I realized it was the newest version of SnapPea that I had updated to. If you look up SnapPea on Facebook you'll see on their page when folks are yelling at them for including PUP's in their latest software version and are leaving their program in droves.

But it now leaves me without a management program allowing me to exchange music easily between my Moto G and ITunes. I've found a similar program for pics, videos, contacts and such, but not music. I've tried the various programs talked about in the online electronic magazines, but none seem to do the trick. I don't know how to use Windows Media Player, it seems scary and cumbersome. Right now I'm using something called ISyncr (Lite) and while it does move music from ITunes to my device, it doesn't just move the track from ITunes to my music folder in my device. Rather it creates a subfolder in the music folder so I have to go digging it out of my Moto G and move the track into the larger music folder where all the other tracks are. It's really annoying. But I was going to try WinAmp and Songbird but they're not around anymore. Moborobo (whatever it's called) claims to have a program that'll do it but they want upwards of $50.00 bucks for it which I refuse to pay. So any help would be appreciated. Even tips on using Windows Media Player which might be an option but I'm not to crazy about and would rather use something else...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones