• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What will you do with your old phone once you buy the Evo?

I have a Palm Pre right now. Given how cheap they're being given away by the carriers, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to garner that much from an eBay/Craigslist sale. Therefore I'm planning on selling it to either BB or RS. It's one of the few instances where I think it's actually decent market value.

How much will Best buy give you for your Pre?

Upvote 0
people with the Hero's, you can get $150 all day long even if it is in "okay" condition.
May I ask where? Best Buy, Sprint?

If I had the money right now, I'd offer you $100 for the Hero ( if for no other reason , than to educate my wife on Android...
Its funny, but I never traded in my phones. They just usually lay there in their old boxes somewhere in the house. I have all my previous phones in a box. If it wasn't cause of the ETF, I wouldn't be trading them in (since I hate selling them on ebay etc) and I would just give you it.

TS

Upvote 0
selling my 3gs right now and using a dumbphone for the next few weeks. it looks like the 3gs is still selling for well over $300 on ebay. actually i got mine exchanged under warranty to sell it for a higher amount, but to be fair there were some critical problems with it (including random rebooting) that made me cringe at the idea of selling it (bad karma). ps i HATE texting with just a numpad now gahhhhh

Upvote 0

Its funny, but I never traded in my phones. They just usually lay there in their old boxes somewhere in the house. I have all my previous phones in a box. If it wasn't cause of the ETF, I wouldn't be trading them in (since I hate selling them on ebay etc) and I would just give you it.

TS

If you are currently on a CDMA network I would strongly suggest flashing your Touch Diamonds to Cricket. It's really easy and you can probably get 150 for each through Craigslist.

Upvote 0

TS

On craigslist. Right now I have 4 people that are wanting a Hero and would gladly paid my price. Maybe I can just give you their email.

Upvote 0

TS

I am very comfortable with selling on craigslist, and I know a guy who works at a Sprint store, so he has access to lots of free or discounted phones. ( I think he heads off some of the trade in phones and keeps them) So I sell them on craigslist for him @ discounted prices, & I get a cut, Everybody turns out happy.

If money wasnt tight, I would have already pulled the trigger on a local Hero for $135 so I could browse apps & become familiar with the HTC way of life.

And on Craigslist, the Heros that are well taken care of & with original packaging do bring 150-225

Upvote 0
Selling my 32gb iphone w/ case, car mount & a bluetooth headset on ebay unlocked/jailbroken hoping that w/ cancelations fees, the $200 for the evo + acessories, activation, etc, I still come out on top.

I'll be very glad to get rid of my POS iphone.

I also have a samsung sync and blackjack I'll trade in. If I get $20 for them, that's fine.

Same here. Selling my 3Gs for $200 with a bunch of accessories BEFORE the iPhone 4G announcement, Craigslist FTW

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones