• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats with this crap browser

Maybe its a US thing on the Sprint phone. I have 30 days to try the phone and see if I like it. Hopefully they will come out with an update.
I do enjoy a lot of the features of the phone. Is there a program to move music over to the phone or is that just drag and drop thru USB?

There are several. Even Windows Media player will do it. My favorite is MediaMonkey. Handles large volumes of files well, is ver flexable syncing music to any attached device and how lots of features for organizing your music. If you are on MAC; Im sure there are apps for it as well.

Upvote 0
I would also like to say you must be joking if you think iPhone is slower or the same as the US Hero. One of my biggest complaints after I got it was that the browser was dog slow. Try rendering a relatively large page, like Digg.com and it will come to a crawl and start heating up.

I borrowed an iPhone 3GS here at work and it is A LOT faster. Hero is more like 2G iPhone. In general, Hero is more laggy than I would like but I hope Donut and Eclair will fix some of it.

Artem
Artem Russakovskii's Personal Beer Planet
ArtemR (ArtemR) on Twitter

Upvote 0
having used both - I have to agree the iphone 3gs wipes the floor with HTML browsing... 3gs is smooth and faster wifi, however on 3g hero wins -o2 network seems slower than orange..

the reason 3gs is better at browsing over wifi and if it wasnt on o2?

faster - more powerfull processor - that is all the HTC hero is lacking - hero2 will rock....

of course the HTC hero has flash as well.. again a faster processor will result in a better flash experience......

so where is the hero 2 ?? :)

Upvote 0
having used both - I have to agree the iphone 3gs wipes the floor with HTML browsing... 3gs is smooth and faster wifi, however on 3g hero wins -o2 network seems slower than orange..

the reason 3gs is better at browsing over wifi and if it wasnt on o2?

faster - more powerfull processor - that is all the HTC hero is lacking - hero2 will rock....

of course the HTC hero has flash as well.. again a faster processor will result in a better flash experience......

No need for Hero2. Android Avalanche: A Complete List Of The Android Phones So Far

Upvote 0
Sprint has the latest

I just picked up the Sprint Hero coming from an iPhone 3gs and after a few days I am really starting to like the Hero but it feels slow and laggy. I had read all the articles about the latest update for the hero really gave it a speed boost but if this is it I am certainly not impressed. Mine says software version 1.29.651.1

Upvote 0
I've searched through all the options for sound/display and there is none for alarm volume. This could be a problem :(
The Toggle Settings app gives you a lot of control over volume. You can set different volume levels for different "Profiles" (Home, Work, Music, Night, Meeting, etc, whatever you like) and within each Profile have different volume settings for: Ringer, Music, In-Call Voice, Notification and Alarm.

Upvote 0
Man.. why is it that any time someone posts an issue they have with a device they're labeled a troll?

I too can confirm that the browser is much slower than some other phones.
I've owned an iPhone, in the past, and more recently had the Pre.. both of those browsers definitely load pages faster than the Hero.

Oh, this is on the Sprint HTC Hero in the US.

That being said, it's by no means painful or unusable, just takes longer to load pages.

I have some things I'm not crazy about the Hero but over all there's no way I could go back to either an iPhone or the Pre at this point.
Overall the Hero has so much more capabilities than those other two phones, or any other phone I've tried for that matter.

Upvote 0
Hmm...I wonder if this is another one of those posts by one of those people that Apple pays to post slander about Android devices on boards where hesitant buyers come for additional information. A friend of mine use to do it before he actually tried using my Hero and then ended up getting one for himself. He had the paycheck to prove it and all.

Anyways, the only time you'll run into lag when browsing on the Hero is when you go onto a site with a lot of flash (ie flash ads, games, or etc). You can turn off Flash by going into the Browser settings and uncheck the Enable Javascript option. You can also adjust text size and formatting and etc there.

I absolutely agree with you. After I got my Hero, four colleagues of mine bought a HERO instead of an iphone. because they tried my Hero and were surprized by its great performance (powered by modaco's custom rom of course). so what's up next, apple-fanboys??? :p

Upvote 0
Surfing the web is an overall nightmare on the Hero. Its laggy and the font is all jacked up. Very hard to read unless you zoom way in. Are others having issues with this? I also have an iphone 3GS and there is no comparison in terms of browsing. I have also noticed youtube videos are pretty choppy on the Hero. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
I think the Browser is great on my Hero. I have Sprint. It loads pages pretty fast. I have no complaints.

Upvote 0
It's called the Samsung Moment with an 800Mhz processor, AMOLD screen, flash on the camera and slide out keyboard. Coming to Sprint in just a couple weeks. Bye bye Hero. :) At least mine will be going back. I need a hard keyed keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones