• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi is discovered but "disabled

howlingfang

Lurker
Sep 18, 2011
I have had my Galaxy S for about a year now. It is an SGH-T959D running OS version 2.2. Just in the past few days my Wifi has stopped working. When I turn Wifi on, it finds my home Wifi network, spins for a few seconds trying to get an IP address, and then stops coming up with the text "Disabled, Secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK".

I can see the network and I know it works because I'm using it right now on this laptop to make this post.

I have tried turning the Wifi on and off, rebooting the phone and installing Wifi Manager to see if it helps to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Fang

Did you change the key for your home WiFi network ?

Secondly check if you (or anybody else) changed your Galaxy's setting to use "Static IP" ?

Settings-->Wireless and network-->WiFi settings

Here press Menu Key and select Advanced, now scroll down and in IP settings, see if Use static IP is checked or not ?

If this fails, remove your home WiFi from your phone by long pressing its name and selecting "forget" and re-scan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones