• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi problem.

abranchi

May 29, 2014
Hi, I'm having a problem with my HTC M8. I used to own an HTC One X, and had the same problem, and this is with my home's wifi. This happens once every week you can say. The phone happens to be connected to the wifi but I get no internet connection. Everyone in the house has a connection but my phone doesn't. So I turn off my wifi on my phone and turn it back on again and it doesn't work, leave the house and come back, doesn't work, turn my router on and off, doesn't work. Turns out the only way to make it work is restarting my phone which has me confused. I thought my problem was from my old phone since it was actually "old". Bought the M8 and looks like the same thing is happening. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Not without being there - there are a number of reasons a client will connect to a router but not get an internet connection. Make sure you have sufficient DHCP clots in the router for the number of devices you're using. Make sure you're not using a static IP address in the phone. Make sure you're connecting to YOUR router. (Many routers come with generic names, and it's difficult to tell if the one you're connecting to is your linksys or your neighbor's linksys.)

Reactions: SolApathy
Upvote 0
I would also download an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer from the play store. Take a look at the networks around you and make sure they are not operating on the same channel s your router. If they are , log into your router and change it to a clean channel if possible and then try to reconnect. I know you are not having problems with other devices, but sometimes just a little interference can cause a lot of problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones