• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

adamsauve

Lurker
Jun 25, 2010
So I while I am at my grandmothers house, I get no 3g/LTE and when I try to connect to router it says something along the lines of "disconnected due to low speed" Well.... I have NO internet with 3g/LTE so let me get on my slow speed router! I tried doing the auto-change WiFi thing but doesn't help...

Is this a common problem?

Try turning mobile data off, or go into Settings/Wifi/Menu/Advanced and disable Auto network switch. If the wifi connection is slow it'll try to connect to mobile data, whether you ghave a signal or not. Turning that off keeps it on wifi. (You can automate the whole thing with Tasker, so when you're at your grandmother's your mobile data is off, but when you leave it comes back on and wifi is off.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones